Author Topic: Offer:Toowoomba QLD Headstone Photos  (Read 53606 times)

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
Re: Toowoomba QLD Headstone Photos offer
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 04 April 07 13:48 BST (UK) »
Yes, I got it, Kelly!  :D

Computer's been in hospital for a couple of days, and now I'm crook too (just a bad cold!)  Going to bed.  Bear with me.  Will upload and send them tomorrow, hopefully, if computer co-operates!  Just fading fast at present...

MarieC
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martins in London and Wales, Lockwoods in Yorkshire, Hartleys in London, Lichfield and Brighton, Hubands and Smiths in Ireland, Bentleys in London and Yorkshire, Denhams in Somerset, Scoles in London, Meyers in London, Cooks in Northumberland

Offline MatildaFlorence

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 04 April 07 14:54 BST (UK) »
Great! Thanks so much.

Looking forward to it!

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 05 April 07 09:08 BST (UK) »
Kelly

The photos are on their way to you.  My computer told me your email address didn't appear to be a valid one, so I hope they arrive.  Let me know when they do!

Meanwhile, Anita, you're next!  When I manage to get there again - won't be for a few days - but when I can!

And Judith, if you ever work out where your folk are, I will try to find them if they're not too far away! 8)

MarieC
Martins in London and Wales, Lockwoods in Yorkshire, Hartleys in London, Lichfield and Brighton, Hubands and Smiths in Ireland, Bentleys in London and Yorkshire, Denhams in Somerset, Scoles in London, Meyers in London, Cooks in Northumberland

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 11 April 07 09:44 BST (UK) »
Anita

Just letting you know I haven't forgotten you!  I have been unbelievably busy, AND battling a bad cold.  After the weekend, it is high on my list of priorities to get up there!  It's actually quite pleasant walking around the cemetery looking for graves - I enjoy it - just need to have the time!!!  :D :D

MarieC

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 19 April 07 09:51 BST (UK) »
Anita

I looked for your folks yesterday - only found one of the gravestones, unfortunately!  There are some graves with headstones illegible or not there.  A grave near where your Fairbanks couple should be has just a stone edging with "Father" and "Mother" on it - not very helpful!

Anyway, I have a couple of photos of Thomas William Fairbanks's stone, so if you pm your email address to me, I shall send them to you!

MarieC

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 15 May 07 10:51 BST (UK) »
Anita's photos are on their way to her.  Happy to look for any others that people may have!

MarieC

Offline wawa

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 27 May 07 10:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Marie,

Thankyou so much for your help in trying to locate the following graves for me at the Toowoomba cemetery, fingers crossed they have headstones with further detail. Below are the names which I'm hoping you can track down for me.

Crickmore  Percival Byron    age 61  Male
07/09/1945  - died
08/09/1945 -  buried
section CE 2A  / block 1  / allotment 68  / CofE
cemetery burial T586

Lindenmayer  Catherina F    age 2  Female
 27/11/1892 - died
27/11/1892  - buried
LUTH 31-36
block  32  allotment 46  religion Luth
cemetery burial  B1879 

Ward  Christina    age 63  Female
28/10/1916 - died
30/10/1916 - buried
Section LUTH 37-42
Block 42 allotment 4  Luth
cemetery burial I101 / Interred with B1115 (John Adam Ward age 2)

Cheers
Nari
Fairbanks Family - Staffordshire and Derbyshire Area
Crickmore Family - Salford and Altrincham Area

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Sunday 27 May 07 10:18 BST (UK) »
Certainly will, Nari!!  :D

Will post here if I find them, and email any photos to you.  Keep fingers crossed!

MarieC

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Saturday 02 June 07 12:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Nari

I've been searching for your lot.  Unfortunately I could not find headstones for two of them, though there were a number of unmarked graves in those sections.  But there is a surprise for you with little Catherina Lindenmayer - someone I don't think you knew about!

Although she died before her third birthday, she had a twin sister, Christine Beutel, who lived to be 98!!  They are buried together, with an inscription on the foot of the grave saying "Together again".  It is really touching.

I am about to email the photo of the plaque on the grave giving their details.

Cheers

MarieC