Author Topic: Selby's in sileby,leicestershire  (Read 1309 times)

Offline charby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Selby's in sileby,leicestershire
« on: Thursday 24 January 08 15:00 GMT (UK) »
I am wondering if someone could help me with this. I have in my tree RICHARD SELBY  c 13 sept, 1724 rempstone notts, he married MARY WARD the 16 dec, 1746 believed to be from  Sileby,leics. I have one of their children to be RICHARD SELBY c 12 april, 1753/54 rempstone notts.I just noticed today( :-[) that their marrigae was in 1746 and the first born I have was in 1753/54 so there is a gap from 1746 and 1753, so I washoping someone could take a look and see if there were any SELBY,S born in sileby,leics during that time . Please and thank you. ;D
barrow upon soar , leicestershire:   Darby
loughborough, leicestershire : selby
rempstone , nottingham, selby
nottingham: whitehead
watford, hertfordshire : hull
Derbyshire: Selby
kegworth leics, annable
melton mowbray:Darby

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I Know,If I Get to the Core then Answers R There!
    • View Profile
Re: Selby's in sileby,leicestershire
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 January 08 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Charby

I have the Burials Marriages and Baptisms for Sileby for this period. The only entry for SELBY is the marriage of Richard and Mary, as you mentioned.  There are a few entires for the Ward Family but none at all for the Selby's ~ sorry to disappoint  ::) Maybe they married in the bride's parish then went back to Rempstone?

Cheers
Jan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!