Author Topic: My Shropshire Names  (Read 6968 times)

Offline nirvana

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
My Shropshire Names
« on: Friday 25 January 08 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi

This is my first time on this site so please be patient if I have done this wrong!!
I have the following names in my family and would like to hear from anyone who can help with any information, ideally pre 1841 census

Baguley - Shrewsbury originally from Manchester area c1807
Taylor - Upton Magna
Partridge - Church Pulverbatch

Many thanks

Offline jasper2

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: My Shropshire Names
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 15 June 08 18:09 BST (UK) »
hello im new at this too! can you give more inf please ? first names and dates are a good start ! denise

Offline nirvana

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 June 08 20:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Denise

Happy to give full names and dates but is there a particular family out of the 3 listed you are interested in?  Just saves me sending a load of stuff you are not wanting.  Have been researching my family and my husbands since last September with a fair amount of success thanks to many people sharing their information.  Look forward to hearing back from you.

Offline jasper2

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 17 June 08 20:25 BST (UK) »
I havent any of these names in my tree but I live in shropshire and just thought I might help ? denise x

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 18 June 08 22:03 BST (UK) »

Hi

I live in Shropshire too :)  If you provide us with full names and approx/exact dates of birth then we can see what we can find for you pre-1841 census.

It's amazing what resources other Rootschatters are able to get their hands on!!!!
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline nirvana

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 20 June 08 08:00 BST (UK) »
Hello Both

Thank you both for your very kind offers and apologies Denise for misunderstanding your first message.

A name not on the list is Harold Dawson Claude Redworth born bet Jul-Sep 1893 Uxbridge, married Gladys Baguley Jun 1918 in Shrewsbury and died in the 1960's, however have been unable to find date of death but know he lived in Shrewsbury - last known address was close to the Abbey.

William Partridge born 1813 Pulverbatch died Atcham Oct-Dec 1884 married Mary Cross born Hyssington Montgomeryshire died Oct-Dec 1883 Atcham would like to know date of marriage, their first child June was born apprx 1835 in Church Pulverbatch.  Father of William was Thomas, born Pulverbatch who married Ann Wilson at St Chads in 1811, died 1865 would like to know where.  His wife was born abt 1786 Shropshire but I have been unable to take this line back any further - any help appreciated.

William Taylor born apprx 1796 would like to know where, married Mary Ann Thomas [born apprx 1802] 1 Oct 1818 in High Ercall Died 1873 Atcham - have been unable to take this line back any further or that of his wife Mary Ann.

I feel that all of the above are big asks for anyone to put themselves out to look, but if it hasn't put you off or you want to know if I have any more info then please shout.

Thank you both for taking an interest whatever
xx

Offline bristolloggerheads

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 20 June 08 18:28 BST (UK) »
Sorry I nearly fell off my chair when I saw William Taylor born 1796 married Mary however mine died in Atcham in 1860 so this can't be mine. Just for reference mine was born Broseley 1796 had children in Birmingham and Gloucester before settling in Shrewsbury in 1830. I don't know where they got married.

Peter
Syner alias Taylor from Broseley and Benthall

Offline nirvana

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 21 June 08 16:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter, thanks for message - shame we don;t have a match.  Good luck with your search.

Offline jasper2

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 27 June 08 22:36 BST (UK) »
H ello again ! ive just returned from holiday so ive been off the radar for a week! but IM back now ! right the igi dont have hysssington you have to go into the shropshire archives to research it ! but give me a few days and ive got to look up some hyssington folks so I will look for you! denise xxx