Author Topic: My Shropshire Names  (Read 6969 times)

Offline RobertoB

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: My Shropshire Names
« Reply #9 on: Friday 30 July 10 22:06 BST (UK) »
Hi.
There appears to be several relatives on this thread...Hello! This is my first visit to this site/second posting, other was regarding Partridge string. Anyhow, I am direct descendent of the Baguley/Redworth/Partridge/Glendining line and more. I actually knew Harold Dawson Claude Redworth, as he lived with my grand mother until he passed away. I have collated quite a bit of info dating from mid 18th century.

Regards
Roberto

Offline RobertoB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 31 July 10 01:24 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I descend from following families Redworth/Baguley/Partridge/plus others. I have quite a few blank spaces, so wondered if you can help. By the way, we are probably related...how, I don't as yet know.

Any help very much appreciated.
Roberto

Offline kris_baxter73

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 31 July 10 02:06 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am researching Jeremiah Woodvine (1821-1887) who was born at Stanton Upon Hine Heath (near Shrewsbury) http://www.briercliffesociety.co.uk/paf/woodvine/pafg03.htm#613
Woodvine - Shrewsbury, Shropshire and Burnley, Lancashire
Sutcliffe - Lane Head, Haggate, Burnley, Lancashire
Catlow - Colne, Burnley, Lancashire
Duerden - Bellthorn, nr. Blackburn, Burnley, Lancashire
Simpson - Lower House, Habergham Eaves, Burnley, Lancashire
Leaver - Extwistle, Haggate, Burnley, Lancashire

Offline Mazb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 09 October 10 13:11 BST (UK) »

Hi Roberto
Interested to read your post. Harold was my grandfather but I never knew him and know little about him.  Are you Helen's son, if so we met many years ago!
Would love to hear from you with any info you have.
Regards
Mary

Offline RobertoB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 09 October 10 15:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary, nice to meet you [again], but can't recall... must have been quite along time ago.
I am Helen's son.
I have amassed quite a lot of information about the family. So far have managed to trace ancestors from around mid 18th century. There are still a few gaps beyond this point as records become more difficult to piece together. But, there are a couple of potential connections going back even further.
Would be interesting to know who your parents are. Have gone as far as filling in as many horizontal connections as possible. I think what made the detective work more interesting was discovering that some of the finds turned out to have different first names and alternative spellings.
Anyhow, keep in touch and maybe we could exchange info.
Kind regards
Roberto

Offline Mazb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 10 October 10 18:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Roberto
Lovely to get your reply.  It was a long time ago that we met, I think you were just a baby.
My mother was Doris, I dont know if you remember her at all. 
We didnt live in Shropshire but would call in to Racecourse Avenue if we were visiting the area. I can remember your grandmother, mother and father although I didnt meet them many times.
The big mystery is Harold. As I said, I never met him and there was obviously some family issues there. That is why I was so suprised that you knew him, I didnt realise he lived with Olive.  What was he like, do you have any photos of him? I have a couple of pictures of Gladys but none of her or my mother pre 1945- are there any?
I would be very happy to pass on any info that would help you although it sounds as though you already know a great deal, probably more than me!
Kind regards
Mary

Offline RobertoB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 10 October 10 20:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary,
I think it best to discuss any personal information about family matters privately, rather than submit openly to this. Therefor, if you like, feel free to phone me on 07748453158; and will be happy to tell you what I know.
Rx