Author Topic: A Thank You - Please Read  (Read 3824 times)

Offline Darlene

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
A Thank You - Please Read
« on: Sunday 27 January 08 06:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello to everyone,
I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I really feel the need to express how I feel about the work that is generated here each day.
You know, I frequently spend hours on the board just looking in admiration at the professional level of the work that is done.
It never ceases to amaze me, the absolutely incredible ability the restorers have... and that they give so generously of their time?
I could never afford to have my precious photos restored and so without you guys...
The amount of thought and research that is given to dating a photo...WOW
YOU, the marvellous members of this board not only give to me, but more significantly to our future generations the irreplaceable legacy of these photos’s...
I mean every word from the bottom of my heart...
Thank you and Thank you again
Best wishes to all
Darlene  :)
Condrit - Emblem - Emblen - Evans - Hinton - Hunter - Kefford - McFarlane - Rootsey - Sheridan - Tyler. England, Ireland and Australia

Offline Benfuchsia

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: A Thank You - Please Read
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 27 January 08 07:32 GMT (UK) »
And so say all of us!!!!! Its great to just browse and  look at all the work done here Amazing !
margaret
Steventon/Nantwich 
 Winterburn/Yorkshire
Bennett?London 
  Scott/Glasgow

Offline Rossdal3

• RootsChat Veteran
  • The 3 Lions
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 27 January 08 07:45 GMT (UK) »
Darlene I heartily agree!

The work you guys do is brilliant and so much the better because of the heartfelt way you contibute to so many of us.  I struggle for a way to give anything back, but am taking some baby steps to help others on the site where I can!

Thank you so very much for your selfless giving of your time and expertise!!!! You are an inspiration to us all!

Cheers,
Jill
Holdsworth
Gill
Stead
Pawson
Holmes
Craven
Gaunt
Austin
Wells/Coultas
Hardisty
Grange
Wedgeworth/Knox

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 January 08 08:15 GMT (UK) »
I'm sure I speak for all restores in saying that we really appreciate your vote of thanks and it's very rewarding knowing our efforts give so much pleasure.

Personally, no thanks are need as I get a great deal of enjoyment from my hobby and constantly strive to challenge myself.  Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose but nevertheless I have a great deal of fun along the way, so I even though I "give up my time", it's a pleasure to do so!

The only downside is that I am unable to look at ANY photo now and not think "gee I'd like to get my hands on that and touch it up here and there"  ;D ;D ;D LOL.  There are worse addictions though!!!

I often wonder what I would do with myself if Rootschat ceased to exist...perish the thought!!!!

Caz
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline Woodentop50

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scan your photos at 300to600 ppi..........or else
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 27 January 08 10:31 GMT (UK) »
When you consider what is on tv these days , this is better viewing.

Jim
WOOD in  Hunslet  area of Leeds , West Yorkshire
WOOD in Knottingley , West Yorkshire

Scan your photos at 300 to 600 ppi for best results

Offline Raylen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 27 January 08 10:39 GMT (UK) »
I agree totally with all the comments praising the restorers on this board.

I have not posted here ( yet  :)) but it is usually my first stop when I log in to RC- just to see the great work you do.
I am just amazed how clever you all are and what beautiful work you create.

WELL DONE TO YOU ALL!!

Raylen
Tuck-Baydon,Wiltshire
Woolford-Hampshire
Christie-Stirling

Offline LoneyBones

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Wot, me worry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 27 January 08 12:28 GMT (UK) »
Can't agree with that Caz  ;)
I need thanks and praise like flowers need water  ;D
I thrive on it, without it I wilt  :(
When my eyes are hanging out on my cheeks and migraine auras are winking in my vision, I just think of all the kind praise and thanks and my ego just say's 'get thee behind me' and I'm good for another hour ;D
Cheers'
Leonie.
but then I'm an addict. ::)
Direct matriarchal line; ENNIS-Yeatman-Cooper-Papps-Ryland-Lechford/Luxford-Bagshaw-Henriett
ENNIS-Thomas-Bonnin-Aldridge-Williams-Harding-Brown.
ENNIS-Davis/Davies-Buck-Oakley-
JONES-Roberts-Handy-Ross-Warrillow-Eagles-Cotterill-Bailey.
JONES-Walton-Grayson-Stobbs-Baldwin-Ibbotson-Scott.
JONES-Goodwin-Parker-Instant-Hubbard-Hancock-Skinner.

STILL LOOKING FOR: Elizabeth Ann Balfour ENNIS nee DAVIS. Disappeared in Adelaide, South Australia. 1881.

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 27 January 08 13:10 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, you misunderstood...I meant me personally...I don't do it for the praise.

Caz
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline oldtimer

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 27 January 08 14:10 GMT (UK) »
Well said Darlene!!

The work that is done on this board is unbelievable ! Before I joined RC I didn't even know that photos could be restored and coloured so well! Sometimes, because you restorers do them so well, we postees may forget how much hard work you have actually put into them, and how much of your free time you give up to give complete strangers such wonderful gifts.

I have had lots of photos restored  :P and sometimes feel I have run out of superlatives to describe my reaction to them. Every one I have had, I have saved and also printed out. Every one is very much appreciated! Like many other people, I also enjoy looking and marvelling at what you have done for other postees too. It is so hard to believe that you are all, as Jim would say, 'ammer-chewers!!

Keep up the good work! And thanks again for everything you do!!

Best wishes, Judy  ;) ;)

Best wishes, Judy :-))

"All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"