Author Topic: Any DWANES OR DUANES out there?  (Read 7846 times)

Offline beamobhoy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Any DWANES OR DUANES out there?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 17 April 09 14:56 BST (UK) »
To help you out in Fermoy/Mallow etc area, use the following website as a basis:-

http://corknortheast.brsgenealogy.com/

It does not cost to search but does cost to view the records.  I found it really helpful.  :)

McCarthy, Shanahan, Dwan

Offline MARY DWANE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 17 April 09 22:39 BST (UK) »
hi Vicky
 My grandad Patrick Dwane as far as i know stayed in Ireland and did not come to England. Thanks for your help
                                                            Mary

Offline MARY DWANE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 17 April 09 22:51 BST (UK) »
hi Beamobhoy
 Thanks for your post about Mary and Patrick Dwane.I think they are the ones that I am looking for .Do you know the date that they moved to Youghal as my father said there was sixteen children in his family.I don't think they would all fit in such a small house that you described.They might have moved there before they had all the children.

Thanks Mary
ps this will be my third posting

Offline beamobhoy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 18 April 09 10:38 BST (UK) »
The small house I mentioned was occupied by the two families in 1943/44 - I am guessing that some of the children might of "flit the nest".  Seems likely that we are talking of the same Dwanes. I made contact with several people in Youghal over the past 5 years or so and some of them do mention the two families coming to Youghal and living together.  I am not sure under what conditions as my mum and her sister always talked about cramped tiny houses and living conditions being far from cosy! Now you have posted 3 times, personal message me your email address and I shall email what I have.  Have you tried the North Cork website I suggested - or have you got dates, locations etc of the sixteen children?
McCarthy, Shanahan, Dwan