Author Topic: BOYNS - Marlesford MI photos?  (Read 5846 times)

Offline janglaschu

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine o'n dh'thainic
    • View Profile
BOYNS - Marlesford MI photos?
« on: Sunday 27 January 08 21:47 GMT (UK) »
The National Burial Index shows a number of burials for various members of
the BOYNS/BOYNES family in Marlesford St Andrew between c1760-1800. I wonder if anyone in Marlesford could tell me if there are existing memorial
inscriptions to any of these people? If so, I'd be glad of transcripts and/or photos, if anyone has the time and patience, ;-)
thanks,

Janet

(The names I have are:
Mary Boyns d. 1778
Mary Boyns d.1780
Miles Boyns d.1783
Ann Boynes d.1785
Thomas s/o Robert and Jane Boyns, d. 7th August 1785
Ann d/o Robert and Jane Boyns, 21st August 1787
Mary d/o Robert and Jane Boyns, d. 1800
John s/o Robert and Jane Boyns, d.1800
Sarah, d/o Robert and Jane Boyns., d. 1800
Ann, d/o Robert and Jane Boyns d.1801
Jane d/o Robert and Jane Boyns, d. 1801 (also her mother Jane died this year)
Suffolk, England – Benstead, Boldero, Boldy, Boyns, Boynes, Collins, Cooper, Elliott, Fletcher, Laflin, Laws, Lankester, Markham, Marshall, Orriss, Steward, Taylor, Thimblethorpe
Scotland – Barclay, Campbell, Finlay, Freeland, Grove, Hay, Horn, Laird, McDonald, McKay, Milne, Mills, Peebles, Robertson, Shearer, Stewart, Strang, Thomson

Offline janglaschu

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: BOYNS - Marlesford MI photos?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 September 09 12:55 BST (UK) »
Further to the above, I have the following three children of Robert BOYNS and Jane Paternoster all dying within a very short space of time:

John (b. 29/6/1792 buried 22/11/1800 in Marlesford
Mary (b. 31/12/1790) buried 29/11/1800 in Marlesford
Sarah (b. 22/12/1793) buried 1/12/1800, Marlesford

This suggests to me an outbreak of disease of some kind. Would anyone with any knowledge of Marlesford local history be able to shed any light on this? Thanks for any help,

Janet
Suffolk, England – Benstead, Boldero, Boldy, Boyns, Boynes, Collins, Cooper, Elliott, Fletcher, Laflin, Laws, Lankester, Markham, Marshall, Orriss, Steward, Taylor, Thimblethorpe
Scotland – Barclay, Campbell, Finlay, Freeland, Grove, Hay, Horn, Laird, McDonald, McKay, Milne, Mills, Peebles, Robertson, Shearer, Stewart, Strang, Thomson

Offline Alan b

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 September 09 20:18 BST (UK) »
http://www.pope-genealogy.me.uk/marlesford.htm

I think you might be unlucky as this site lists all the memorials and as you can see there are none for any Boyns listed.
Bloomfield, Knights, Whitmore, Warner (Suffolk)
Hamlin (London, Yorkshire, Scotland, Suffolk)
Mattocks, Newick, Nutter, (Kent)
Mattocks (Staffs)

Offline janglaschu

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 16 September 09 13:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks Alan.

Offline janglaschu

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 16 September 09 16:48 BST (UK) »
Further to the above, I have the following three children of Robert BOYNS and Jane Paternoster all dying within a very short space of time:

John (b. 29/6/1792 buried 22/11/1800 in Marlesford
Mary (b. 31/12/1790) buried 29/11/1800 in Marlesford
Sarah (b. 22/12/1793) buried 1/12/1800, Marlesford

This suggests to me an outbreak of disease of some kind. Would anyone with any knowledge of Marlesford local history be able to shed any light on this? Thanks for any help,

Janet

I'd still be glad of any further information on this, thanks.

Offline Borley Manor

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 19 January 10 16:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janglascu,
    I can always have a look in the churchyard for you at Marlesford, I live quite near there and would be quite willing to take pictures if I am succesful in finding anything, just point me in the right direction and I am away.. ;D
Borley Manor.
Seward (Linc'shire) (W. London)
Stainer  (Dorset)
Harker  (Cumbria)

Offline janglaschu

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 19 January 10 18:21 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much indeed. Any BOYNS/BOYNES info welcome; I suspect somehow that my lot were too poor to have afforded a memorial stone, but you never know...maybe a later generation could have had a stone erected.

I had written to a lady whose address was passed on to me, she had written a short history of Marlesford and I wanted to get a copy. Didn't hear anything for quite some time, then I had an email from the lady's daughter to say she had passed away.The daughter did say she would post on a copy of the booklet, but I never heard anything further. Would you know anything about this booklet, and whether it's still available anywhere?

Offline Borley Manor

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 20 January 10 17:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Glad to be of some service, I will endevour to get there at the earliest opportunity, weather and time permitting. Interesting about the Marlesford book, I will make some enquires for you and see what gives. It's all a bit stirred up at the moment as there has been a recent murder in the village, and true to Suffolk mannerisms, we all clam up. Undaunted, I will prevail    ::)
Borley Manor
reg
Seward (Linc'shire) (W. London)
Stainer  (Dorset)
Harker  (Cumbria)

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 21 January 10 00:23 GMT (UK) »
Jan I will pass on the details for the Local History Recorder in Marlesford, she may have a copy of the book - the SRO might have a copy as usually local history books go to their library (I know they have copies of my husband's books).

Will PM you  :D

Pat ...

www.slhc.org.uk
Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?