Author Topic: BOYNS - Marlesford MI photos?  (Read 5845 times)

Offline janglaschu

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine o'n dh'thainic
    • View Profile
Re: BOYNS - Marlesford MI photos?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 05 July 10 21:19 BST (UK) »
I still haven't managed to track down a copy of the booklet on Marlesford local history (tho' I did get another on Marllesford in the 1840s). 

Would anyone have a copy of the booklet (which is by Margaret Fisher and is called, I believe, 'Marlesford - a short history') who might be willing to look up some possible information?

Thanks.
Suffolk, England – Benstead, Boldero, Boldy, Boyns, Boynes, Collins, Cooper, Elliott, Fletcher, Laflin, Laws, Lankester, Markham, Marshall, Orriss, Steward, Taylor, Thimblethorpe
Scotland – Barclay, Campbell, Finlay, Freeland, Grove, Hay, Horn, Laird, McDonald, McKay, Milne, Mills, Peebles, Robertson, Shearer, Stewart, Strang, Thomson

Offline Borley Manor

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 05 July 10 23:06 BST (UK) »
Hi,
 I will ask at the church, next time I am over there, and if someone is about at all.....the village is fairly well spread out, so, I don't know of any particular doors that I should knock at. It may be a while though before I can get there, sorry.......if you have any luck from other sources, then please let me know..
Borley Manor
Seward (Linc'shire) (W. London)
Stainer  (Dorset)
Harker  (Cumbria)

Offline janglaschu

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 06 July 10 15:25 BST (UK) »
Thanks BM, no rush - my ancestors aren't going anywhere! :)

Janet
Suffolk, England – Benstead, Boldero, Boldy, Boyns, Boynes, Collins, Cooper, Elliott, Fletcher, Laflin, Laws, Lankester, Markham, Marshall, Orriss, Steward, Taylor, Thimblethorpe
Scotland – Barclay, Campbell, Finlay, Freeland, Grove, Hay, Horn, Laird, McDonald, McKay, Milne, Mills, Peebles, Robertson, Shearer, Stewart, Strang, Thomson

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 06 July 10 21:34 BST (UK) »
A copy is on its way to you Janet.
I followed it up with the LHR for Marlesford.

Margaret Fisher passed away last summer and the family were very occupied as you can imagine. 
They have now handed some copies to the LHR and she will be sending one to you.

Pat ...
SLHC Secretary to Local History Recorders throughout the county
www.slhc.org.uk
Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?

Offline Borley Manor

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 07 July 10 00:15 BST (UK) »
A very sad time for them , but, hopefully the matter is resolved now. I do hope the book is of some use to you...
Borley Manor....
Seward (Linc'shire) (W. London)
Stainer  (Dorset)
Harker  (Cumbria)

Offline janglaschu

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 08 July 10 13:30 BST (UK) »
Thanks - I just had word from Margaret Carswell that she is sending me a copy; she'd been trying to get hold of one for me for a while, with no success till now. Sad to hear that the lady passed away but hopefully her work will live on.

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 08 July 10 13:39 BST (UK) »
the book should be with you very soon.

Did you know that Dr Margaret Carswell, the LHR for the parish and Sue Bernay have collaborated on another book on Marlesford from the 1840s containing with lots of records from the village?  Published a few months ago.

If you would like details I will PM them to you.

Pat ...

PS just realised this date is after your enquiries at Marlesford  ::)
Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?

Offline janglaschu

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 08 July 10 18:15 BST (UK) »
Thanks Pat; I have been in touch with Margaret for a while and have bought that book. There were a few distant connections of mine listed in it (grandchildren of the sister of my direct ancestor) so it was good to find out a bit more about that line.

thanks,
Janet