Author Topic: A disrupted family  (Read 46380 times)

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: A disrupted family
« Reply #27 on: Friday 13 June 08 14:55 BST (UK) »
Thanks Trish, unfortunately I dont have any Australian emigrants and if I did they would probably have been called convicts  ;D

My own brickwall is on my maternal Irish line pre 1850's and on my paternal highlander side with common names and a reluctance to say who they were married to on their death certificates :(

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 13 June 08 15:30 BST (UK) »
You've obviously been browsing the OZ board & heard me talking of my convicts and Irish immigrants  ;D I am sure my Irish folk were having a small revolution against English rule in Australia, They were happy to fill in BDM forms, and put a different age and birthplace on every one they completed.   ;D
enjoy the holiday

Trish

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jac2

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 13 June 08 17:16 BST (UK) »
hi trish
thanks for the welcome
jac2

i have the fife death index pre 1855 if its of any help to anyone. you will have to bear with me, i'm  new to chat forums
jack, mitchell,lowrie murray, donaldson, forgie, anderson, corbett, spence thomson kerr plouman/plowman,  fife, midlothian, lanarkshire, moray, wick.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 13 June 08 17:32 BST (UK) »
Hi jac

Welcome from me too  :)

It might be worth starting a new topic on the Fife board - entitled Fife death index pre-1855 look up offer or similar.

You'll probably have a full time job  ;D

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline jac2

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 13 June 08 17:38 BST (UK) »
hi gadget
will try that if i can ever get my head round this site and work out what i'm doing.
jac2
jack, mitchell,lowrie murray, donaldson, forgie, anderson, corbett, spence thomson kerr plouman/plowman,  fife, midlothian, lanarkshire, moray, wick.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 13 June 08 17:40 BST (UK) »
If you go to the main Fife board:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/board,97.0.html

and click on 'New Topic' - top right, you will be able to start what we call a new thread. Put a suitable title in the Subject line and then put in your offer in the body of the message and press Post  :)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 13 June 08 17:47 BST (UK) »
...And another hello from me jac  :)

As Trish mentioned, death info pre 1855 is neigh on impossible to obtain, except through the hard work of volunteers and researchers who have published listings and booklets from the OPRs which not everyone is aware of or can access easily.

Look forward to your contributions. As Gadget suggests, a specific new post offering look up would be a great asset to the Fife board here on RootsChat. Look out also for postings where death info pre 1855 would be an added bonus and contribute as you have on this post.

You'll easily get the hang of RootsChat, and hopefully enjoy being part of the community.

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 13 June 08 17:51 BST (UK) »
hi trish
thanks for the welcome
jac2

i have the fife death index pre 1855 if its of any help to anyone. you will have to bear with me, i'm  new to chat forums

Hi jac2

We are happy bear with you  :)  everyone is new at some time - Gadget is newer than me, but she posts alot  ;D
Posting that you are happy to share the information is a good idea, you will also find there are sometimes folks asking "Does anyone have the Fife index pre 1855" or the Fife MIs when they are looking for deaths.

I'm in Australia - its way late - time to leave

Trish

Nite Monica and Gadget
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 13 June 08 18:01 BST (UK) »
Nite Trish - sleep well  :)

I think I had one of my first differences of opinion with Trish when I joined but we have forgotten that now  ;D

This reminds me that I should post an 'all parishes MI look up offer' on Kirkcudbrightshire  :D

Gadget