Author Topic: Help needed to break down my brickwall  (Read 6942 times)

Offline aggiebagwash

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed to break down my brickwall
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 30 January 08 20:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Monica

I have looked for Helen and Mary Ann's births in the Parish Registers but they aren't showing up under either surname so I suppose I will just have to accept that this line will end with James and Mary.

I have also tried to find Andrew Duncanson Thomas's father but it's the same story. I know he married Helen Heggie but can't find the marriage or even the birth of Thomas so that's another line coming to a close.

The Heggie line I managed to go back another generation so I am quite happy to stop there.

I now have to start on the Peter Morrison line but I don't think I will get very far he seems far too elusive and there are so many Peter's that it's impossible to opt for the right one. Margaret Morrison's family I actually traced back a further 4 generations so I think her line is complete.

Why oh why can't the Irish Government just put their records on the internet and charge people as they do in Scotland? 

Now all I have to do is try and hide the Visa bill from my husband as I have spent a fortune on SP. Ha! Ha! ::)

Thanks to you and Ambly for being my 'fresh set of eyes' I really appreciate all your hard work.

Margaret :)

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 30 January 08 22:50 GMT (UK) »
So pleased for you Margaret  ;D
Great results -  just goes to show - how actual images of Census can be very different from some transcriptions !

Regarding things Irish - one glimmer of hope - in that Mary HENDERSON, Sarah's mother died AFTER 1855......her death certificate would hopefully state her parents names, at least.

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline aggiebagwash

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 30 January 08 23:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ambly

On Sarah's death certificate it gives her mother's maiden name as McLachlan. However when I looked for Mary's death between 1861 and 71 the ages are all wrong and there is no sign of a McLachlan for the maiden name or surname.

Ah! well it was a good try. I think I will have to re-think this one. Maybe a good nights sleep will somehow trigger a few new ideas.

Regards

Margaret :)