Author Topic: muller family  (Read 22777 times)

Offline eeyores4me

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: muller family
« Reply #45 on: Friday 11 April 08 13:56 BST (UK) »
thanks very much shall have another look
Guttentag Keen Kemp Knight Miller Muller Rose Weinberg Weisberg

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Saturday 12 April 08 23:59 BST (UK) »
 :-\ Hmph! I had a whole bunch of Montreal directory listings for you and they went south when I went to post...suffice it to say that although Daniel is written as Brennan in a few of them, for the most part...He is down as Bremner, same address as the 1911 minus the ½...also around the  mid 1920's or so he moves to 58 Cadillac if memory serves me well...He is always down as occupation labourer... ;D
So I think Bremner may well be the correct name, then...
Can't find Daisy no matter what I do...even tried to find her using the age and just Daisy on A****try...but none panned out...
   Hopefully you can find a marriage for her in Montreal somewhere from 1907 on
J.J.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It just occurred to me, though, that wouldn't she have been down as a witness if she was still there in 1909? Oh, well...must try it anyway... J.J.

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 13 April 08 01:45 BST (UK) »
jorose just recently found this site with a database for Mont Royal cemetery...
http://www.mountroyalcem.com/products_services/genealogy/index.aspx?lang=en-CA

There is a Daniel Bremner on it, died 1935 ( (10/09/1935))...and I did notice looking at the directories every fiive years, that the entries did stop around then...so this may well be his internment...but if the Rose on it is yours, she lived to be almost 100!
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Offline eeyores4me

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 13 April 08 15:14 BST (UK) »
thanks very much for the new info
I just checked but they wont let me buy outside Canada
If I paid somebody on here would you get the info for me please on both Rose and Daniel ???
I would not be surprised if she lived to a good age my nan lived to be 99, I did wonder if thats their daughter Rose ?? maybe unmarried .

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 13 April 08 22:32 BST (UK) »
Actually Daniel Bremner disappears from the directories earlier than that...I was looking for someone else, and so peeked in again...but I will let you go look for yourself, as it is amusing...
around the same time that he disappears a Daniel Brennan ( that's what they called the other in a few earlier ones) appears...
so.... is this a son being mistranscribed, or your Daniel??....Hard to say, as they move from 58 Cadillac as well, so you need to take notes and look at every year if you feel so inclined...
I can't do the buy for you...sorry...hopefully someone can....I think it is weird that they charge but won't do international charge....a money order is a money order...If and when it clears they could do the lookup then...but not much can be done about it...

as I said before, though there is a lookups site I gave...have you gone there....
If you contact them they are really great ...well, I know my husband was really pleased with the information he got from them a few years ago....and all free....

J.J.

Offline eeyores4me

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 13 April 08 23:22 BST (UK) »
thats interesting , I will look into that further I could not understand that site maybe I was tired or something will have another look thanks so much for all your help

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Monday 14 April 08 01:25 BST (UK) »
Janice gives instructions...
Then go through alphabetical listings for the name Bremner ..You'll know it is he by the Address from the 1911 - 165 St. Martin ( Later 58 Cadillac) The lower listings for Cadillac disappear later in the directories, so either they are demolished for a Mall, or renamed something else...I'll let you find something on that....

Then if you can't find him just cross reference with the Street listings for the same year...If he is listed there, you'll know he was misstrancribed....so go back and look under other "Br" listings for him at that address...write down the name as misstranscribed for your own records....I know I saw something like a Brenner or Bremmer at that Address....

Have fun! J.J.

Offline eeyores4me

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Monday 14 April 08 21:32 BST (UK) »
Hi and thanks , dont know about fun though ??? I'm starting to want to disown this family !!!

Offline eeyores4me

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Friday 18 April 08 12:55 BST (UK) »
well that was my Daniel and my Rose she lived to be 101 isnt that wonderful???
Some kind person got the burial details for me and my aunt who lives in the USA is going to go and see the graves hopefully .
I have also found somebody researching the Bremners so have got in touch with him too.
So a big thanks to everybody I have found out so much.