Author Topic: Lizzie[Elizabeth]McNeill, nee Thompson  (Read 6587 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lizzie[Elizabeth]McNeill, nee Thompson
« Reply #9 on: Friday 01 February 08 08:29 GMT (UK) »
If you think they stayed in Canada/Ontario it might be a good idea to post a query on one of those boards but make sure you link theis thread to it to avoid confusion and duplication of research.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline bbchiew

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 17 November 10 12:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello I am researching a Thomas Thompson McNeill born 1911 in Belfast for a friend   ,the lady thinks , Thompson may have been a family name on his mothers side, He came to Western Australia and Married Clara Bessie Whitfield of Boulder  Kalgoorlie  I found his  death recorded  in   11/7/1971 .in Karrakatta Cemetery  near.Perth.
Is he one of your Kin ,Kind Regards Beryl Chiew  W.A

Offline tamthehat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 25 November 10 16:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Beryl, my Lizzie Thompson, married my g-grandfather's brother, his name was David McNeill from Glasgow, He married Lizzie 1907 in Colraine N.I. and went to New York 1908, moving to Toronto Canada 1910.
That was the  last I trace them to in the Candian census and immigration crossing into Canada from the US at Niagara Falls 1911, then they dissappear, and no trace of them.

Lizzie Thompson was one of three daughters born in Colraine, and she stated in the immg crossing that her mother was a Bessie Blair, her father was David Thompson.

I hope this helps, if you look up some of my posting on Lizzie McNeill,nee Thompson, and David McNeill, there might be some other stuff.

slainte!

Tom O'Neill

My mother is the last of her gen of McNeills she is 82.

Offline bbchiew

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 26 November 10 04:07 GMT (UK) »

thanks for the info.  the Thomas Thompson Mc Neill I am searching  for a friend was Born in Belfast in 1911  and  came to Aust. and Married a woman in West .Aust named  Clara Bessie Whitfield .
Kind Regards Beryl Chiew.