Author Topic: Dickie Churchs records  (Read 2125 times)

Offline vowgirl

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dickie Churchs records
« on: Friday 01 February 08 02:18 GMT (UK) »
I have purchased to Pension records from Pensear for Jane Dickie to obtain the 1841/1851 census to show her parents etc on the record it had her birth/baptism also which states found on the Carrick Parish Register date is 1849 so was wondering if anyone would know how far back and where I may be able to find these records so maybe find her siblings birth dates because I am really researching one of her brothers
The Pensear also parish Tamlaght Finlagan or Carrick
regards

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Dickie Churchs records
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 February 08 08:48 GMT (UK) »
Not sure where you live but PRONI (and Coleraine Library) have microfilm of Ballykelly (Tamlaghtfinlagan) Church of Ireland records: marriages 1796-1846 baptisms 1796-1875 burials 1796-1946. From memory I think some of the film is hard to read. Unfortunately LDS doesn't have those records in their catalogue.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline vowgirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 February 08 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Live Australia, thought there maybe somewhere other than Proni, have tried Latter Day Saints site looking in there Library Section to see if they had any film on the parish but only 1911 census, thanks anyway

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 February 08 21:46 GMT (UK) »
Does pension record give names of parents and any siblings? Not sure when I'll get to Coleraine Library next but could have a look at the microfilm to see if the family are in the church records.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline vowgirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 01 February 08 22:05 GMT (UK) »
Yes gives names of siblings except the one I am researching born Robert after 1851 census but I have approx date from Marriage cert 1881 married Scriggan, I know the names of parents as William Dickie & Elizabeth Long the children appear to be  born Ballydarrog although pension records say Ballyderg seen on map as Ballydarrog Parish Carrick. I saw on pension records marriage of parents as 1842 I know William's father as James do not know mother or Elizabeth parents.  I have seen on 1831 census James Dickie at Carrick and Longs living at Magheramore, as William Dickie & Elizabeth Long  on Griffiths valuation at Ballydarrog and looking at map appears to be between both places, so thought maybe the 1842 marriage church records may give me the parents names depending on how far they go back,
Thanks again for replying,