Author Topic: HUNDLEBY Middlesex, London  (Read 1806 times)

Offline corinne

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
HUNDLEBY Middlesex, London
« on: Monday 04 February 08 12:02 GMT (UK) »
I am aware of HUNDLEBY families in Lincolnshire.  What I am wanting is any link to a George HUNDLEBY, lawyer of London.  He was a lawyer in early 1800s (poss around 1820 -1830ish), married twice (Louisa Frances CURTIS and Emily CURTIS) and seems to have died around early 1830s. 

Any more general information about HUNDLEBY families anywhere around 1700-1850 would be useful to try and get a picture of this family.

Offline SH100

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HUNDLEBY Middlesex, London
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 October 09 05:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello Corinne

The "Hundleby" name is registered on the Guild of One-Name Studies, an association dedicated to researching family names across the world.  The Hundleby Society meets from time to time and shares its research with descendants of the Hundleby family.

http://www.one-name.org/profiles/hundleby.html

Many of the living Hundleby family descendants can be traced back either to Robert Hundleby of Firsby born circa 1720 or to Elizabeth Hundleby baptised 1 March 1682 (who married William Sizer) and then up through her pedigree chart. (The latter information is available from the IGI.)  I know research is being carried out on the old Hundleby family wills to try and connect these two Hundleby lines together.

If anybody can connect your illusive ??? George Hundleby into Robert Hundleby of Firsby's family tree (or any other!) I too would be delighted to hear from them.  George may be a descendant through a female Hundleby line, perhaps unmarried, and therefore using her maiden name.  He certainly did extremely well for himself.  I have researched many of the names appearing in his will to try and glean his parentage and can let you have more details if you are interested.  Are you a descendant of his?

I hope to hear more. :)
Davies, Juckes, Taylor, Anslow, Turner: Shropshire
Hobson: Yorkshire & Norfolk
Rudd, Muskett: Norfolk
Wilkinson: Leeds & Cumberland
Fletcher, Mandal(e), Kirkhaugh, Sedgwick: Cumberland
Hundleby: Lincolnshire