Author Topic: Strang History (5)  (Read 6734 times)

Offline tommacgregor

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Strang History (5)
« on: Wednesday 06 February 08 10:06 GMT (UK) »

Hello All,

In this Part we note that John Strang married Janet (or Jean) Haig on the 30th December, 1731 at Alloa in Clackmannanshire. It is my belief that John was another child of John Strang and Margaret Thomson and that he was born/christened on the 9th June, 1715 at Kincardine by Doune, Perthshire. Researcherss are invited to research that link and share their findings on RootsChat with us.

Their children, (or at least some of them) were:

John Strang christened 4th May, 1733 at Alloa, Clackmannanshire and he married Janet Izatt on the 5th December, 1755.

William Strang christened 23rd May, 1735 at Alloa, Clackmannanshire.

David Strang christened 27th October, 1738 at Alloa, Clackmannanshire.

Janet Strang christened 22nd March, 1741 at Alloa, Clackmannanshire.

Charles Strang christened 24th February, 1748 at Tillicoultry, Clackmannanshire.

Parts 6 & 7 of the Strang History will appear on my next posting on the Clackmannan Board.

Kind Regards,

Tom.

Offline tommacgregor

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Strang History (6)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 February 08 10:20 GMT (UK) »

Hello All,

We continue our history of the Strang family by viewing James Strang who married Margaret Snadon around 1806 at Clackmannan in Clackmannanshire.

Their children, (or at least some of them) were:

Margaret Strang born 22nd September, 1806 at Clackmannan, Clackmannanshire.

John Robert Strang christened 1st April, 1810 at Clackmannan. He married Mary Russell on 15th November at 1834 at Clackmannon.

Joseph Strang christened 17th March, 1812 at Clackmannan. He married Isabella Snadon.
Elizabeth Strang christened 10th July, 1814 at Clackmannan.

William Strang christened 12th March, 1817 at Clackmannan.

Robert Strang born 27th January, 1820 at Clackmannan.

On our next posting, we will see that John Robert Strang, christened on 1st April, 1810, and his family are examined.

Kind regards,

Tom.

Offline tommacgregor

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Strang History (7)
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 February 08 10:33 GMT (UK) »

Hello All,

In Part 6 of the Strang History we examined the family of James Strang and his wife, Margaret Snadon. In Part 7 we shall take a look at the family of one of their son;s, John Robert Strang who married Mary Russell on the 15th November, 1834 at Clackmannan.
Their children were:

Catherine Strang born 2nd Septemer, 1835 at Clackmannan.

James Strang born 10th May, 1838 at Clackmannan.

William Strang born 28th July, 1844 at Clackmannan.

John Strang born 2nd July, 1842 at Clackmannan.

Thomas Strang born 11th August, 1846 at Clackmannan.

Francis Strang Snr. born 29th July, 1848 at Clackmannan.

George Strang born 10th September, 1850 at Clackmannan.

Margaret Strang born 22nd January, 1853 at Clackmannan.

Janet Strang christened 28th September, 1855 at Clackmannan.

Joseph Strang christened 3rd November, 1857.

Kind Regards,

Tom.

Offline tommacgregor

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Strang History (8, 9 &10)
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 06 February 08 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello All,

In this posting I will try to insert Parts 8, 9 & 10, (if I have the space to do so, I hasten to add!)

James Strang who was born around 1809 married Margaret Forrester on the 20th of November, 1831. Their children (or at least some of them) were:

James Strang born 23rd December, 1832 at Clackmannan.

Thomas Strang born 18th May, 1835 at Clackmannan.

Margaret Strang born 21st June, 1837 at Clackmannan.

John Strang born 18th November, 1839 at Clackmannan.

Magdalene Strang born 3rd February, 1848 at Clackmannan.

Part 9.

William Strang married Christian Hunter on the 6th of April, 1840 in Clackmannan. His parents were James Strang and Margaret Snadon whom you will recall married about 1806 in Clackmannan. (See Part 6). Their children, (or at least some of them) were:

Christian Strang born 12th May, 1842 at Clackmannan.
Jane Strang born (I believe in 1843) at Clackmannan.
Margaret Strang born 24th June, 1844 at Clackmannan.
Christian Strang born 23rd August, 1845 at Clackmannan.
James Strang born 28th April, 1850 at Clackmannan.
David Strang born 16th June, 1852 at Tulliallan, Perthshire.

Part 10.

In Part 7 of the History we examined John Robert Strang and his wife, Mary Russell's family. One of their children was noted as being Francis Strang Senior.
Francis Strang Senior married Ann Hunter and they had the following children ( or at least some of them are shown here):

John Strang born 1st August, 1870 at Clackmannan.
Francis Strang, Junior born 23rd April, 1876 at Clackmannan. He eventually married Lydia Palmer.
Mary Strang born 3rd July, 1874 at Armadale, West Lothian. She eventually married Thomas Brown.
I have enjoyed taking you through these various branches of the Strang family, and by doing so I believe that I'm keeping my promise when I joined RootsChat that I would do my level best to assist as many researchers as possible, especially those who are elderly, disabled or caring for a disabled person.

Thank you for your attention to this piece of research.

Kind regards,

Tom.

Offline tommacgregor

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Strang History (11)
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 07 February 08 07:10 GMT (UK) »

Hello All,

As is my usual habit, I examined my last postings to ensure that there were no glaring errors. I noticed that I had given researchers details of the children of James Strang, (the son of James Strang and Margaret Snadon), who had married Margaret Forrester on the 20th November, 1831 at Clackmannan. However, although I had mentioned another son of James Strang and Margaret Snadon, Joseph, who had been christened on the 17th March, 1812, I gave no details of his family. I wish to remedy that omission.

Joseph Strang married married Isabella Snadon when he was about 25 years of age, on 2nd November, 1837 at Clackmannon. Theses were his children, (or at least some of them):

Janet Strang born 7th October, 1838 at Clackmannan.

James Strang born 18th June, 1842 at Clackmannan.

Isabella Snadon Strang born 18th June, 1842 at Clackmannan. (Is this a recording error, or was she a twin?)

Robert Strang born 14th September, 1846 at Clackmannan.

This added information should serve to fill in those gaps in your history of this Scottish family.

Kind regards,

Tom.

Offline tommacgregor

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Strang History (12)
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 07 February 08 07:24 GMT (UK) »

Hello All,

Yesterday in Strang History - Part 10, I referred to Francis Strang, Jnr. He was born on 23rd April, 1876 at Clackmannan to Francis Strang, Snr and Ann Hunter.

Francis, Junior, married a Lydia Marintha Palmer on the 19th December, 1896 at Springville, Utah, U.S.A. Sadly, he died on 1st May, 1900 at Scofield, Carbon, Utah, U.S.A. approaching his 24th birthday.

Kind regards,

Tom.