Author Topic: missing someone? check out Brit's buried in Cambridge, Guernsey, Ohio, USA  (Read 3166 times)

Offline Neko

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
missing someone? check out Brit's buried in Cambridge, Guernsey, Ohio, USA
« on: Thursday 07 February 08 22:36 GMT (UK) »
Ancestry.com has just made available a number of transcribed cemeteries, one being Cambridge, Guernsey, Ohio's old cemetery, which has a wealth of information on some of the tombstones. we have no Brit's in Cambridge, but my fiance's family was from there and I noticed some great tombstones with information on them that may help someone else. I'm transcribing them verbatum so nothing's left out, and I've listed family associated with them, whether born in England or U.S.....anyone who wants to take the time and trouble to post these to the various county lists, is welcome to...I am under the weather at this time so am just posting them in the emmigration list.

remember, they are buried in Cambridge, and one assumes they died there...

Peter CORBETT
born on the isle of Guernsey
died March 1, 1835
in the 73rd year of his age

Elizabeth
wife of Peter CORBETT
died Sep 1839
in the 41st year of her age

Elizabeth CORBETT
died Jan 24 1880
Aged 76y 8mo 13d

Rev. John ROWCLIFFE
Born in England
Died in Cambridge Jul 3 1836
aged about 25 years

Thomas SARCHET
born in Isle of Guernsey, Europe Jun 29 1770
settled in Cambridge Jul 1806
d. Apr 21 1837

I don't know if these people are related to Thomas Sarchet, no data is listed, just their names on one stone, and I don't know if the stone is near Thomas's stone;

Ann Sarchett, Rachel M. Sarchett, James Bichard

there may be others, but if so, their places of birth were not listed.

one person who's place of birth was not listed died in 1826, aged 107 years. his name was Thomas Bell.

sadly, none of my fiance's people are listed, though they were there from around 1810-1870...maybe they were buried on the farm just outside of the city limits at the time...

Airey Aitken Atkinson Alston Barr*tt Cross Freeman Gage Harlock Harris Hawkins Head Hudd Parker Peckover Pennington Rayner Richards Seaman Smith Smyth Waterfall

Elizabeth Burnham, Mary Church, John Davis Cooper, Hannah Cork, Aubrey Cross, Mary J. Docwra, Elizabeth Griffiths, Chas Halifax, John Head, Lavinia King, Mary & Martha Mayhew, Alfred Augustus Mayo, Wm Pettit, Hezekiah Richards, Martha Sewell, Rebecca Sidnell, Hannah Smith, Augustin Smyth, Annie Southan, Catherine Till/Tell, Fanny Watt