Author Topic: St John Newfoundland Birth Lookup  (Read 4192 times)

Offline valeriec

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: St John Newfoundland Birth Lookup
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 01 January 11 00:09 GMT (UK) »
Can you provide details as to the similarities and differences that you mention and we may be able to help you sort those out. As you are aware Newfoundland did not become a province in Canada until 1949 so you would have to depend on birth/baptisms from Newfoundland. Reading both threads I would lean toward the one on the census as being the one you are looking for. It is entirely possible that a birth certificate does not exist as registrations were haphazard at best. If it is the date of birth or age, people changed their ages and year of birth on a whim.

Offline valeriec

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 01 January 11 00:43 GMT (UK) »
I have a question about his military file. If you have the complete file, you should have information as to when and where he was discharged and also the ship and date that he would have returned to Canada on. Did he return to Canada or was he discharged in England. The file will also give you information on his injuries if any and what hospitals he would have been in. It will also give you information as to whether he allocated money to a wife or mother and where that person was living.

The Matrix Project
www.cefresearch.com/matrix/index.html

If you go to Site Index and scroll down to RCHA Brigade, you can access the war diaries for the brigade and you may be able to determine where the brigade was located in England.

Also have you checked passenger lists at Find My Past/Ancestor's on board for his return to Canada and also a destination.

Offline waiteohman

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 04 January 11 04:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello Brad

You can browse Newfoundland Birth & Death images from 1840-1949 on the familysearch website.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0b2t/

Linda
Dorman, Waite, Moore, Clark/Clarke, Neil, Rennie/Rainey, Brown, Mclean, Day, Millar/Miller, Gunion/Gunzion, Thomson, Black, Milvain, McCubbin, Steadman, Kirby

Offline brads

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 04 January 11 17:17 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the infoioit is very kind of you.  I will take a look at the link you have provided.

Brads