Author Topic: Cleughbrae , mouswald  (Read 67889 times)

Offline csc

• RootsChat Veteran
  • granny and grandad cursiter
    • View Profile
Re: Cleughbrae , mouswald
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 15 January 09 07:49 GMT (UK) »
con tinued gilbert son to rev jacob dickson and janet richardson born dec 28th 1774 baptized 1st jan 1775 mary daughter to adam richardson and mary dickson in boddom born may12th1775 baptized 14th janet daughter to robert dickson and elizabeth maxwell in dodbeck born dec 30th 1775 baptized 31st john son to richard dickson and elspeth dickso in mouswald town born july31st baptized aug4th 1776 janet daughter to rev mr jacob dickson and janet richardson born oct 26th 1776baptized 27th william son to gavin dickson and isobel kent in boddom born jan 12th 1777 baptized the 14th at a  dont know what this is at ironhirst william son to benjamin kerr and mary irving in banks of mouswald born feb 4th baptized 5th1777  ann daughter to adam richardson and mary dickson in boddom born april 28th 1777baptized may 11th robert and william twin sons to robert dickson and jean irving in dodbeck born 4th sep baptized the same day childen being thought weakly robert died1790 of a fever more to come csc
DUMFRIES. KERR,DICKSON,BELL,HETHERINGTON,HILL
CUMBERLAND, CHARLTON,YOUNG,SPARKS,HEWITT,IRELAND. 
ORKNEY,CURSITER,DREVER,PEACE,COOPER,    
FAIR ISLE, MALCOLMSON,LESLIE.

Offline csc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 15 January 09 09:21 GMT (UK) »
continued susannah daughter to david dickson and susannah johnstone in kirkfield born sep18th baptized 21st  agnes daughter of john dickson and janet edgar in mouswald mains born oct 30th 1777 baptized 1st nov samuel son to john carruthers and isobel kerr in brocklehurst borh july12th baptized 13th 1778  abraham son to adam richardson and mary dickson in boddom born march 16th 1779 baptized the 21st in small writing underneath it says he died 10th marchcant make out which year  charlote daughter to richard dickson and elspeth dickson in mouswald town born apr 15th 1779 baptized 16thjanet daughter to gavin dickson and isobel kent in boddom born june 13th baptized 15th william son to william kerr and mary dickson in cleuchbrae born july 22 baptized 23rd william son to oswald kerr and mary young born aug 19th baptized 22nd 1779 james and looks like bryce twin sons to rev jacob dickson and janet richardson born june 29th 1780 baptized same day by looks like mr macmillan minister of torthorwald jean daughter to richard dickson and elspeth dickson in cant read it born dec19th 1781 baptized 23rd more to follow csc

Offline mickdickson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 15 January 09 09:42 GMT (UK) »
csc,

From your last posts, the following are in my Dickson lines, Richard and Elspet Dickson being my 4G Grandparents:

"margaret daughter to richard dickson and elizabeth dickson in mouswald town looks like dec 21st baptized 26th 1773"

"john son to richard dickson and elspeth dickso in mouswald town born july31st baptized aug4th 1776."

No more info has been found on Margaret, she is the first recorded child and John was a Blacksmith in the Mouswald village and died in 1856.  He married Isabella Gibson and they had one son, Robert born in 1800 who married Janet Irving about 1823 (no record found). Janet was the dau. of Thomas Irving and Janet Rogerson.

I have not been able to go beyond Richard and Elspeth as we have not found descendants in Scotland or any that have done any research on them.  There is no record of Richard & Elspeths burial anywhere. Our link with Mouswald died with my grandfather in 1935. So I've been pushing the proverbial up hill since I started 4 years ago from scratch.

I have most if not all the Dicksons you mention in research spreadsheet as I try to piece them together.  

Mick
Dumfries -Campbell, Dickson, Glendinning, Grierson, Irving, Jardine, Wells, also Beattie, Brown, Buckham, Charters, Dalrymple, Fell, Ferguson, Fraser, Gibson, Graham, Hutchison, Leivers, Nichol, Mckenzie, Nicholson, Smith, White, McLean
Kirkcudbright - Dickson, Broun/Brown, Shennan
Glasgow-Dickson, Neilson, Thomson, Fleming, Mackenzie, Dennison
Edinburgh- Dickson, Buckham
Ayrshire-McIlwrick, McMurray, Gray, Findlay
Limerick - Shea / O'Shea, Carroll
Kerry - Egan
Sussex - Towner

Offline mickdickson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 15 January 09 09:45 GMT (UK) »
Charlote and Jean are mine as well.  Richard and Elspeth had at least 7 recorded kids plus possibly the James we have mentioned before. Thomas Dickson b 1790 was my 3G Grandfather, the last child I have recorded.
Dumfries -Campbell, Dickson, Glendinning, Grierson, Irving, Jardine, Wells, also Beattie, Brown, Buckham, Charters, Dalrymple, Fell, Ferguson, Fraser, Gibson, Graham, Hutchison, Leivers, Nichol, Mckenzie, Nicholson, Smith, White, McLean
Kerry - Egan
Sussex - Towner

Offline csc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 15 January 09 10:10 GMT (UK) »
i know there are 2 richard dicksons with children in mouswald richard dickson and jean latimer betty born 07 07 1806 and jacob 23 10 1808 which tells me they are probably related to the rev i will look at what i have on marriages csc

Offline mickdickson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 15 January 09 10:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stoop,

No I don't think that Richard is not the son of Rev. Jacob.  His Richard went to the US and died in Indiana in 1835, He was Richard Lothian Dickson born 14 May 1767 in Mouswald.

However I haven't parents for the Richard you mentioned yet though so it may come to pass that it is the same one.

Mick

Kerry - Egan
Sussex - Towner

Offline mickdickson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 15 January 09 10:26 GMT (UK) »
oops I meant 'Hi csc'
Kerry - Egan
Sussex - Towner

Offline csc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Thursday 15 January 09 10:42 GMT (UK) »
thats ok all 3 of us probably have connection i am taking some of my papers to work with me if we are not busy i will go over them again i have found some of mine when i have been looking for other peoples my family just tell me i am plain nosy my grand daughter and i play detectives i am miss marple  she is going to be nosy as well she is only 4 and knows everything i have written a lot of my ancestors out for her if she wants them when she is a big girl  csc

Offline mickdickson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Thursday 15 January 09 10:54 GMT (UK) »
Csc,

I have found on the RootsWeb World Connect Project that Richard L. Dickson married a Rachel Lowry in 1825 in the US, he would have been 57 or so, therefore he could bethe same one that was married to Jean Latimer, and moved the family to the US where Jean dies or even after she died in Scotland  :-\ and he remarries and has another family.  All supposition of course.

Mike
Kerry - Egan
Sussex - Towner