Author Topic: Llanarthney lookup request  (Read 1138 times)

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Llanarthney lookup request
« on: Monday 11 February 08 17:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Would anyone who has got access to the Llanarthney Parish records please be able to search for a birth/baptism for me.

I am looking for the birth/baptism of William Griffiths (could be listed as Griffith) born abt. 1829 Llanarthney. I know his mother was a Mary and I am fairly confident his father was John Griffith(s) (occupation Carpenter). Mary is listed as a "pauper, Carpenter's widow" in the 1851 census and as an "Ind." in the 1841 census and was born around 1801 (Llangendeirne). In both 1841 and 1851 Mary and family are living in the Hamlet of Trecastell, Llanarthney, Carmarthen. From the  census records it looks like Mary's husband died just before the 1841 census and that Mary was pregnant at the time with their last child John who is listed as 9 in the 1851 census.

Information of William's birth/baptism would be appreciated as would that for his sister Alice (b.abt 1835).

If you are able to find records for the marriage of Mary and a John Griffiths in the region of 1820 -1828  that would be even better!

Thank you