Author Topic: Woolrich, LITTLE DRAYTON, shrops  (Read 2967 times)

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Woolrich, LITTLE DRAYTON, shrops
« on: Monday 11 February 08 21:06 GMT (UK) »
I've just been browsing the messages & see that "Black Knight" lives in Little Drayton.  I'm not exactly sure where this is, but assume it's nr Market Drayton.   "Black Knight" seems knowledgeable on the area, so I'm wondering if the Woolrich family are known there.  A Jane Woolrich married my grandfather's bro in Wrexham in 1898 & was b in Little Drayton in 1874.  I have no more info on her family & would like to be able to trace them.   So "Black Knight" what can you come up with???     Amberly.
Roberts,Guilsfield area, Mont.    Beattie, Welshpool, Mont         Newill, Welshpool & Shrops.      Gwyther, London.                    Cureton, Shrops & London.       Whitfield, Shrops.                        Dickin, Shrops & Mont.               Barker, London.

Offline silvery

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • information Crown Copyright, from www.nation
    • View Profile
Re: Woolrich, LITTLE DRAYTON, shrops
« Reply #1 on: Monday 11 February 08 22:24 GMT (UK) »
Do you have the marriage certificate?  This would give you her father's name (if any) and make it easier to trace her.

Marriage December quarter 1898
Wrexham 11b 458
Jane Woolrich to William Henry Roberts OR John Stokes

local reference from Wrexham for Wrexham St James, Rhosddu C36/01/50

I'm not pinning her down married or unmarried at the moment.

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 11 February 08 22:50 GMT (UK) »
No I've never sent for the marr cert but she married William H Roberts. Didn't realize they got m in St James Rhosddu, that's where I was christened.     Is there anyway we can find her F's name without the cert?  I suppose I could send for it.   I'm in the middle of cooking supper, I don't live in UK, must go, but I'll be back on line in 1/2 hr.    Thanks Amberly.
Roberts,Guilsfield area, Mont.    Beattie, Welshpool, Mont         Newill, Welshpool & Shrops.      Gwyther, London.                    Cureton, Shrops & London.       Whitfield, Shrops.                        Dickin, Shrops & Mont.               Barker, London.

Offline silvery

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 11 February 08 23:30 GMT (UK) »
Well I couldn't find Jane Stokes (nee Woolrich) so I tried Jane Roberts but I'm still not finding her. Did they live in Wrexham after.  They could have moved I suppose.  She's proving tricky to find unmarried too.  Also did they have any children before 1901?

there is a birth in Wolstanton, which is Staffordshire, for a Jane Woolrich in 1873. It is about 18 miles from Market Drayton so it's feasible.

Where do you get her birthplace and year from?

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 11 February 08 23:45 GMT (UK) »
No they didn't have any children at all. On the 1901 census they're living in Coppenhall Monks, nr Crewe, as William was working on the railway, & eventually they emigrated to Canada, but I'm not sure when.   I know he died in Winnipeg in 1949.  It's just that I was wanting to see who her family were.   Thanks, Amberly

Offline silvery

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 11 February 08 23:48 GMT (UK) »
aaahhh the railway.  I'll keep on looking.

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 12 February 08 00:30 GMT (UK) »
OK thanks, I'll keep in touch.    A.

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 12 February 08 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Silvery,   I found Jane's b'place on the 1901 census. Other than her marriage in Wrexham found on Freebmd I can't find anything else about her.  I've been searching again today.   A

Offline silvery

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 12 February 08 20:29 GMT (UK) »
Yes I was having trouble finding her too.  I wonder if she had been previously married.  Only the certificate will tell.

Haven't Iooked at all today I'm afraid, been writing up one of my own.  It takes hours, and I'm feeling a bit worn out.