Author Topic: DARGAVEL, James born 1775 to 1770  (Read 1171 times)

Offline i love paisley

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
DARGAVEL, James born 1775 to 1770
« on: Friday 15 February 08 08:00 GMT (UK) »
Greetings! 
I am searching for information on my ancestor James Dargavel.  He was born in one of these parishes: Penpont, Dumfries, Keir, or Tynron.  He raised his family in Sanquar, where the family was still living in 1869. He was married to Nelly McLachlan.  One of their sons was Joseph, born in Sanquar in 1808, married to Catherine, last name possibly Simpson, born in Ireland.
Any information would be very much appreciated.
Kathy
I have discovered that I was going the wrong way, I am now looking for James Dargavel, born 1816, Dalton, son of James Dargavel and Jean or Jane Murdock.  They were married May 28, 1815, Troqueer, Kirkcudbright. Thanks! 

Offline AnnFran

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DARGAVEL, James born 1775 to 1770
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 22 February 24 16:12 GMT (UK) »
My great great grandfather was Robert Dargavel, who was a son of James Dargavel (born 1782 in Leadhills, Dumfries-Shire, died 1844, married to Nelly McClachan). Robert Dargavel was born in Sanquhar on September 19, 1804 and he immigrated to Leeds County, Ontario, Canada where he married and prospered. We believe he migrated with a brother, but have no details on this. He died in Elgin, Ontario on 20 May, 1866, a year before Canada became a county. Hope this helps.