Author Topic: Mary Meigham c1826 (nee Jones) from Ireland to Sunderland  (Read 721 times)

Offline scruffypup

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Mary Meigham c1826 (nee Jones) from Ireland to Sunderland
« on: Friday 15 February 08 18:20 GMT (UK) »
having hit a complete brick wall with my great and 2x great grandmothers Annie and Ellen Jones I am now trying to find a fresh lead through her sister Mary Meigham, she would have been born Mary Jones around 1826 in Ireland and must have married sometime before or around 1847 to ______  Meigham as her daughter Margaret would have been born around 1847

Mary's husband must have died she was a widow and Mary, Margaret and Ellen must have moved to England before 1856 when Annie was born in Sunderland.  I don't know if they are on the 1851 census for anywhere in England the only info I have is for the 1861 census

1861 census for 15 Spring Garden Lane Sunderland. 
All b Ireland except Annie
Mary Meigham widow 35
Margaret daughter 14
Ellen Jones 26 sister unmarried
Annie Jones 5 niece b Sunderland
HO 107/2392

This is possibly Mary in 1881

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Ironically the head of household was another Jones Susannah Jones, but this one appears to have been born in Lancashire so probably not a relative.

Any info on Mary might hgive me the right idea where to look for Ellen, rumour has it the family came from Cork, but I cannot find a connection so far

Julie