Author Topic: Llanddewi Velfrey, Pembrokeshire  (Read 17008 times)

Offline Lyndar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Llanddewi Velfrey, Pembrokeshire
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 01 April 09 08:37 BST (UK) »
Thanks Treharne,
Yes,they were non conformist-my great grandfather was an elder of Bethel chapel I think. Dan was baptized at Henllan chapel in 1822,And I know his father was James,but I am still uncertain where he was born.
Lyndar

Offline John_Lewis-Spencer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Llanddewi Velfrey, Pembrokeshire
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 14 June 09 17:08 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

Two of the blacksmiths here are Stephens from Parc-y-lan, Llandewi Velfrey.

Answer next week.

Regards

John

Victorian and Edwardian Photographers in Pembrokeshire.
Narberth local history.
Spencer and Pedrick in London.
Izatt and Fraser in Edinburgh also Fife.
Sheppard and Woolley in Kent.
White,Whiteman, Rich and Wiltshire in Brighton Sussex.

Offline John_Lewis-Spencer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 17 June 09 17:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Researchers,

Key to blacksmiths.

Sorry, I only have two names so far, perhaps someone could help with the others.

No.1 seated is James Stephens, 1855-1935.
No.3 seated is William Stephens, 1820-1897

Regards

John
Victorian and Edwardian Photographers in Pembrokeshire.
Narberth local history.
Spencer and Pedrick in London.
Izatt and Fraser in Edinburgh also Fife.
Sheppard and Woolley in Kent.
White,Whiteman, Rich and Wiltshire in Brighton Sussex.

Offline aimac21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 09 November 09 12:48 GMT (UK) »
I ntoice on this thread that several contributors have knowledge of records relating to Phillips' in Pembrokeshire. My ancestor Levi Phillips was according to the censuses born at Llanddewi circa 1820 and later moved and lived with his family in Aberdare. Wife's name Mary. He died after 1871. Would be very grateful to hear from anyone who knows of a connection to his family or has information regarding him or his family.

Offline Lyndar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 31 May 10 19:56 BST (UK) »
My ancestors were Griffith. Dan married Mary Phillip of Stepin in 1850, and members of the family lived there until 1951. Great grandfather Stephen lived opposite the Parc y Lan inn in a row of cottages just named Commercial. After the 1871 census ,the Phillip family and the Griffith family had an s added to their names for some reason.
My ancestors worked for the owners of the Henllan estate. If anyone knows the whereabouts of the archives, which could contain pictures of tenants and buildings, I would be most grateful.  Lyndar

Offline Treharne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 31 May 10 22:44 BST (UK) »
Two of my great great grandparents were from Llandewi Velfrey and lived at Parc-y-lan Inn. They were William Stephens and Frances Griffiths who married 7 November 1845 at the parish church LLandewi Velfrey. Frances's father was Thomas Griffiths, a cooper, and her mother I believe was called Margaret. I can't help you with any other information at the moment, but I'll check my 2 volumes of "Efailwen to Whitland" to see whether I can find any further information.

Offline Lyndar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 01 June 10 17:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks Treharne. To my knowledge we have no Thomas in the family, but all these people must have known one another.
Lyndar

Offline svhare

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 09 May 19 16:35 BST (UK) »
Hi I am susan phillips maiden name .
My great grandfather meshak phillips and his father Benjamin phillips lived in penmaes llandewy velfrey Pembroke . They are in the 1881 census my great grandfather was born 1871 and his father Benjamin was born 1829 . On the 1881 census they were 10 and 52 yrs old . Have You info on phillips in that area ? Sue

Offline svhare

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 09 May 19 16:48 BST (UK) »
I ntoice on this thread that several contributors have knowledge of records relating to Phillips' in Pembrokeshire. My ancestor Levi Phillips was according to the censuses born at Llanddewi circa 1820 and later moved and lived with his family in Aberdare. Wife's name Mary. He died after 1871. Would be very grateful to hear from anyone who knows of a connection to his family or has information regarding him or his family.
hi It has your family down as dewi cottage llandewy I think we r related my great grandfather and his father lived in penmaes llandewy their names are Benjamin phillips born 1829 and meshak phillips my great grandad born1871 . They were living there on the 1881 census . It says your family lived next door . Levi phillips Elizabeth PHILLIPS John Phillips Thomas PHILLIPS and Elizabeth Ann phillips  . Love to hear if you can enlighten me on anything you have found out . Thanks Susan Phillips (maiden name )