Author Topic: 1861 Census- Francis Joyce - COMPLETED  (Read 4366 times)

Offline jerper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1861 Census- Francis Joyce - COMPLETED
« on: Sunday 17 February 08 08:55 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
Can anyone help? I am looking for maybe the marriage of Francis Joyce jnr. to Rebecca ? possibly around 1865 or the family of Joyce with Francis Joyce at the head and a son also called Francis. I can find them in the 1871,1881 and1891 census returns in Wapping,London and I gather from the info they originate from Ireland. I would be grateful for any information from the past.
Regards
John P.
John Pearl researching Pearl,Jackson.

Offline maryderry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 Census- Francis Joyce
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 February 08 16:26 GMT (UK) »
marriage. FRANCIS JNR JOYCE TO REBECCA BROWN 28-4-1865 @ DUNGANNON REG. OFFICE,DRUMGLASS,DUNGANNON, TYRONE.

briths. JOSEPH JOYCE 19-3-1867. FEMALE JOYCE 24-3-1870. BOTH BORN BENBRURB, DUNGANNON,CLONFEACLE, TYRONE.

parents. FRANCIS WILLIAM JOYCE & REBECCA BROWN.

regards mary.
doolin?
quigley- hasson. stewart. lynch. doherty gallagher-derry
mclaughlin-  brennan .moville co. donegal
mctaggart
monaghan

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 February 08 16:53 GMT (UK) »
Could they have gone from Scotland to Ireland? IGI lists Elizabeth Joyce born 3 Jan.1874 Renfrew, Renfrew, Scotland (parents Francis William Joyce & Rebecca Brown)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline jerper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 February 08 18:06 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much Mary for that information, I really ought to check my geography as it's been pointed out to me that Francis was born in Cork some 250 miles away he also married a Rebecca.
Regards
John P.
John Pearl researching Pearl,Jackson.

Offline karana

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 24 March 08 02:44 GMT (UK) »
Ref: Francis Joyce.

Is there any information on the parents of Francis Joyce. My wife has a part of her family history missing and it concerns a Francis Joyce from the general Moy, Dungannon area at approximately the same time. The person being researched is Elizabeth Joyce who migrated to Australia in 1870 who apparently had an older brother named Francis who was named after his father. She records her place of birth as Moy. Elizabeth was born in 1851/2/3 and had a sister Sarah Louisa born approximately 1847 who migrated to Australia before 1870.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 24 March 08 08:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
Can anyone help? I am looking for maybe the marriage of Francis Joyce jnr. to Rebecca ? possibly around 1865 or the family of Joyce with Francis Joyce at the head and a son also called Francis. I can find them in the 1871,1881 and1891 census returns in Wapping,London and I gather from the info they originate from Ireland. I would be grateful for any information from the past.
Regards
John P.
Forgot to mention before that first complete census for Ireland is 1901.

Offline karana

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 20 April 08 00:30 BST (UK) »
ttt

Can anyone help with my query?

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 20 April 08 10:15 BST (UK) »
Karana- civil registration of births, deaths & Catholic marriages in Ireland began 1864 (other marriages from 1845) so you need to search for church records (if they still exist). To do so you need to know the family's religion and where they lived (parish if not townland although in your case you have an area which should help greatly).
If you know their religion you can check LDS catalogue (www.familysearch.org) to see if church records have been microfilmed and if they cover the period you need. If so you can order the microfilm from your local LDS library for a small fee to be viewed there.

Had a quick look at LDS catalogue (under Moy) and found one film under Moy, Clonfeacle, Tyrone: Parochial (Catholic) registers of Clonfeacle 1814-1881.

Offline luimneach

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 20 April 08 11:00 BST (UK) »
!881 census for Wapping shows that Francis was from Cork and his wife Rebecca,from Wapping-her maiden name was Branch.The marriage very likely to be in the Wapping area.From ages the marriage was c 1874/5.