Author Topic: William JAMIESON and Jane SUTHERLAND  (Read 35641 times)

Offline chezem

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William JAMIESON and Jane SUTHERLAND
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 23 January 10 02:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

If people from this post are still visiting is anyone able to tell me which Elizabeth Collie William Jamieson born about 1747 in Portlethen married? They are the parents of John Jamieson who married Catherine Moir.  I am trying to work out if the Elizabeth Collie was c 17 Dec 1748 in Durris or whether she was c. 4 Apr 1750 in Arbuthnott.  Hope this makes sense.

Cheryl
Caird - Fetteresso
Collie - Fetteresso
Moore - Tanfield, Durham, England
Davidson - Banchory Ternan, Fetteresso, Aberdeen
Sinclair - Aberdeen, Scotland
Dawson - Bolton, Lancashire, England
Freeman - England
Garrity - County Mayo, Ireland
Ronan - Wexford, Ireland
Hurley - Limerick
Naughton - Loughill, Limerick, Ireland
Collins - Six Mile Bridge, Cappanalaught, Clare, Ireland
Minter - Palgraves, Suffolk, England
Pakes - Filgrave, Buckinghamshire, England
Simpson - Potsoy, Banffshire, Scotland

Offline Kiwi Girl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Thanks for your help, I'll try and help too
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 23 January 10 03:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,  the dates I have for Elizabeth is:
Born  Abt. 17 Dec 1748 in Brae of Pitfoddels, Aberdeen, Scotland,
Married 04 Jul 1772 in Banchory Devenick, Kincardineshire, Scotland

Does that help or hinder?

;)
Jamieson (Aberdeenshire / Otago). Watt (Aberdeenshire/ Southland), Lane (Nova Scotia / England / South Island), Brown (Paisley / Abbey Eat Taieri), Houseal/  Hausihl (Germany / Philadelphia / Nova Scotia / Dover / South Island), Gillespie (Glasgow / Ireland), Farquharson, Urquhart, Kaua (East Coast, North Island), Hughes (Anglesea / East Coast, North Island), Boyd (Scotland / East Coast, North Island), Bulfin (south Island)

Offline chezem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 23 January 10 05:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi KiwiGirl,

Helps immensely. I think her sister Isobel is my 4x great grandmother. She was actually christened in Durris. Do you know anything about her siblings? Her father was John Collie c 18 Apr 1725 at Banchory Ternan.  She had siblings Isobella c 10 Sep 1744 Durris (died as an infant), John 1746 Durris, Agnes c 11 Dec 1748  Durris, and Isobella c 6 Jan 1751 at Durris.

Cheryl
Caird - Fetteresso
Collie - Fetteresso
Freeman - England
Ronan - Wexford, Ireland
Hurley - Limerick

Offline Kiwi Girl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 23 January 10 07:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

Nope, sorry she was the only one from her family I had - so I'm thrilled to add her father and sister  ;D

If I find anything, I'll let you know.

Cheers,

:D
Jamieson (Aberdeenshire / Otago). Watt (Aberdeenshire/ Southland), Lane (Nova Scotia / England / South Island), Brown (Paisley / Abbey Eat Taieri), Houseal/  Hausihl (Germany / Philadelphia / Nova Scotia / Dover / South Island), Gillespie (Glasgow / Ireland), Farquharson, Urquhart, Kaua (East Coast, North Island), Hughes (Anglesea / East Coast, North Island), Boyd (Scotland / East Coast, North Island), Bulfin (south Island)

Offline Jamieson

• RootsChat Member
  • Have camera can travel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 23 January 10 10:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Please find attached my family tree, this shows William Jamieson and Elspet Collie, parents of John Jamieson.

Alan Jamieson
Aberdeen Aberdeenshire Fyvie Drumoak Dalmaik Peterculter Birse Strachan Aboyne Huntly Banchory-Devenick  -  Jamieson Greig Forbes Tobin Gillespie Cheyne Thompson Donaldson Luke Mark Maitland Findlay Silver Bannerman McDonald

Offline chezem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 23 January 10 13:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alan,

Thanks for the tree. I have a lot more siblings and spouses in some of these than your tree indicates. I have some of the older spouses also. Happy to pass them on if you want them. The Jamieson's come into my line further down with a Taylor marriage  so they were already in my tree. What I need to work out is whether this Elizabeth Collie with the same christening date as your one is the same as the one born in Aberdeen but christened in Durris. Her father is definitely John b 1725 not James. Hope this makes sense.

Cheryl
Caird - Fetteresso
Collie - Fetteresso
Freeman - England
Ronan - Wexford, Ireland
Hurley - Limerick

Offline Kiwi Girl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 23 January 10 18:19 GMT (UK) »
Always delighted to add to my tree - the bushie the better!  It was very twiggy only a few short years ago  ;)

Offline RobinRedBreast

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 11 April 18 21:44 BST (UK) »
Hi

Please find attached my family tree, this shows William Jamieson and Elspet Collie, parents of John Jamieson.

Alan Jamieson
Hello There,

One of my 4x Great Grandmother's was Christian Jamieson.
According to the 1851 Census she was born about 1808, in Fetteresso. She married John Lamond. I'm not sure when exactly but their first child William was born around 1832 in Fetteresso.
Anyway, she died on the 24th of April 1883 at Fiddleston, Porthleven, Kincardine.
On the death certificate it says for the name of the Father: "William Jamieson, Farmer (deceased)." For the name of the mother it states: "Christina Jamieson, Maiden surname Scorgie."
I cannot seem to find a baptism for Christian anywhere. And the only William Jamieson I think that it may be, is the William Jamieson baptised in 1791 in the tree you have shown here.
I think she was probably an illegitimate daughter of the above William. But I see that William himself was married twice, and one of his children from the marriage was called Christian.
I found William Jamieson's death registration in Fetteresso, for January 1856. It states his occupation as "Farmer". It also gives his mother's name as Elizabeth Jamieson, maiden surname "Collie".
However, I could not find a baptism record for William Jamieson. Where did you find the date please? I found one I think for the 1780's, but that one was the son of a John Jamieson (not a William), and a Margaret Colly (not an Elizabeth).

Thank you very much.  :) ;)

Offline Jamieson

• RootsChat Member
  • Have camera can travel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Thursday 12 April 18 19:26 BST (UK) »
 Fiddleston, Porthleven, Kincardine.
[/size]
[/size]This place does not exist.

[/size]The proper place name is .FINDON, PORTLETHEN, KINCARDINESHIRE.
[/size]
[/size]When you have verified that look at this and check your info against it.

[/size]There are so much red herrings and false information in this ancestry business.

[/size]http://www.genealogy.com/ftm/m/c/i/George-A-Mcintyre-Aberdeenshire/GENE2-0001.html

I attached a link to a PDF file with a Jamieson family tree[/font]

If admin do not allow such links contact me again and I shall give you my email[/font]

Regards[/font]

AJ[/font]
Aberdeen Aberdeenshire Fyvie Drumoak Dalmaik Peterculter Birse Strachan Aboyne Huntly Banchory-Devenick  -  Jamieson Greig Forbes Tobin Gillespie Cheyne Thompson Donaldson Luke Mark Maitland Findlay Silver Bannerman McDonald