Author Topic: Kelly-McCormick  (Read 3604 times)

Offline mollys

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Kelly-McCormick
« on: Monday 18 February 08 16:07 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for information on Joseph Kelly born abt 1845 Fife,Kirland.  I have him in Port Glasgow 1881 Census married to Jane/Jean McCormick.  I also have seen the 1891 Census from PG. Jane & Joseph married P.G. 1871.  Children: Elizabeth, James, Agnes, John, Joseph, Annie, Alexander. Joseph Kelly died P.G. 1920

I am trying to get ANY early information on Joseph Kelly, his parents names, siblings, etc. 

Thanks for any help,
Molly 

Thanks to all that have written.  Since the Kelly name is so common, I think the best thing to do first is if I could get the marriage record of Joseph Kelly and Jane/Jean McCormick then I would have Joe's parents names.   I have them married PG April 27 1871.

Offline wozzle

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Kelly-McCormick
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 February 08 16:14 GMT (UK) »
this is the only one i could find in fifeshire.
william adams age 29. b. paisley. occ. flax dresser. head.
ann adams age 34. b. wemyss. wife.
joseph kelly age 6. b. wemyss,fifeshire. step-son.
living at wemyss,methil,fifeshire.
cattell,alcester
vickers,sulgrave
hewish,holborn
manley,bethnal green
barnes,bassingbourn

Offline wozzle

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 February 08 16:23 GMT (UK) »
andrew baird age 37. b. kirkland. occ. flax dresser. head.
mary baird age 39. b. ireland. wife.
alexander baird age 10. b. kirkland. son.
margaret baird age 7. b. kirkland. daughter.
catherine baird age 5. b. kirkland. daughter.
ann.s.baird age 3. b. kirkland. daughter.
elizabeth baird age 5mnths. b. kirkland. daughter.
mary baird age 76. b. fawfield,fifeshire. mother.
john brunton age 27. b. leslie,fifeshire. occ. flax dresser. lodger.
joseph kelly age 16. b. kirkland. occ. flax dresser. lodger.
living at new town,wemyss,fifeshire.
cattell,alcester
vickers,sulgrave
hewish,holborn
manley,bethnal green
barnes,bassingbourn

Offline wozzle

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 February 08 16:38 GMT (UK) »
it looks like ann may have  previously married to someone called kelly
she then married william adams
so we do not know her maiden name only that she was born in wemyss about 1817
but this is interesting
on the 1861 census that i posted joseph is boarding with the baird family
now
on the 1841 census
the baird family are there in wemyss with a daughter ann born in fifeshire. aged 25.
could ann baird be the mother of joseph kelly.
if you want the full entry for 1841 i will post it here.
cattell,alcester
vickers,sulgrave
hewish,holborn
manley,bethnal green
barnes,bassingbourn

Offline fiona kelly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 21 February 08 19:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Molly
I have Kelly's in my family all from Port Glasgow, although I don't have a Joseph Kelly, if you get any more information on your Joseph Kelly i.e brothers sisters etc let me know, they might link up with my line and I may be able to help you in your research.
       Fiona
KELLY COLLINS DEVLIN HOUSTEN MCLOUGHLIN FAULKNER<br /><br /><br /> PORT GLASGOW SCOTLAND IRELAND
McDOUGALL GREENOCK
SHERIFF PERTH & BRIDGE OF ALLAN STIRLING
SAVAGE ANTRIM

Offline mollys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 17 March 08 20:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Fiona,
Sorry I have not written but a few things came up.  Here is my info on my Kellys etc.
Jane/Jean McCormick born 1849 Ireland. She was the daughter of Alexander McCormick and Jane Andrew(s). She married Joseph Kelly abt 1871-75 St.John's P.G. On the census it states he was from Fife Kirkland and he was flax dresser born abt 1847.  I do not have any info on his parents or siblings which I really need.  Jane & Joseph had the following children: Jane  Elizabeth, Agnes,John,Joseph,Annie,Alexander  all born PG. lived at 9 Argyle Street, Joseph & Jane are buried Port Glasgow Cemetary he died 1920 and Jane 1937.  The names that all part of this same family are: McCormick, McCracken, Nicol, Tennyson,Martin,Andrews,Adam,Napier,Tough.  Did ANY of your Kellys ever live in Aberdeen  I would love to see your information and see if I can match anything or anyone.  Do you ever come up with anyone being called 'Pearl"? I think it is a pet name for Margaret? any opionions?
Looking forward to hear from you.  Thanks for taking the time.
Molly

Offline fiona kelly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 08 August 08 21:23 BST (UK) »
Molly
I am so sorry, I have just notced your prior posting, usually im notified of this, sorry again Molly. Ive noticed one of your names linked with this line of Kelly's, which is Tennyson, I'm positive I have a Kelly linked with a Tennyson, a marriage I think, let me know Molly if you would like me to check my records on this for you. I also noticed Joseph and Jane are buried in Port Glasgow, have you a burial location for them Molly, I live near the cemetary I wouldnt mind taking a pic of the grave for you as it might hold other information.
Fiona
KELLY COLLINS DEVLIN HOUSTEN MCLOUGHLIN FAULKNER<br /><br /><br /> PORT GLASGOW SCOTLAND IRELAND
McDOUGALL GREENOCK
SAVAGE ANTRIM

Offline mollys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 09 August 08 16:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Fiona,
Thanks for keeping in touch, you are fantastic.  Loved to see what you have on Tennyson.  I have Elizabeth McCormick married to James Tennyson 4 June 1872 St. John's R.C. P.Glasgow. He was from Ireland. Elizabeth died 1875 and Tennyson disappeared.  Want to find what happened to him. My info on cemetery: Port Glasgow Cemetery,Lair 9 Section East Diamond B, purchased by Jane McCormick 16 Feb 1875.  I was over a few years ago but could not find the grave, I doubt if there is a headstone.

Offline fiona kelly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 09 August 08 20:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Molly
Had a wee quick search there I have a Daniel Kelly who married an Ellen Tennyson Port Glasgow 1898, I'll have a wee further delve to see what more I can uncover regarding this ok. If the rain stays off 2moro I will nip down to the cemetary with my map and see what I can find, although I must add, the cemetary info you have given me ie "East Diamond B" i've never known this to be in in burial location, its usually just section ? Lair ?. No worries though, if its there I will find it ;) Did you say you have visited the cemetary before? Did you have a cemetary map?
Fiona
McDOUGALL GREENOCK
SAVAGE ANTRIM