Author Topic: Hunts of mohill  (Read 9476 times)

Offline wmeehan678

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hunts of mohill
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 06 January 11 04:27 GMT (UK) »
Mary, her marriage cert. to William Hunt:  married on 8 Jun 1868, full age, bachelor, farmer, residing in Curraun.  Father: George Hunt, farmer. Margaret Stanford, full age, spinster, residing in Curnee.  Father Peter Stanford, farmer.  At the Chapel of Mohill, in the presence of William Harmon and Bridget Moran.  Reg. dist of Mohilll, Sup. Reg. Dist. of Mohill, County Leitrim.

Does this clarify anything?

Offline maryp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hunts of mohill
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 06 January 11 16:40 GMT (UK) »
I'll have to look at my records again.. the ones not in my database. My database only has individuals that I can connect to a family.  I have the family of Peter Stanford and Catherine Mulligan of Cornee, Mohill.. and they have a daughter Margaret, b. 1845, but she married Michael Degnan.  All of the other Margarets that I have in database are accounted for.. either by marriage or death. 

I cannot find definite connection between Peter Stanford and my Stanfords.. but descendents were often listed as "relative" pallbearers for my Stanfords and often lived near my Stanfords.  My assumption is that Peter was a sibling to James Stanford, father of one of my Stanford lines.. but can't prove since parish registers don't go that far back.

I'll send you a PM with my email address.
Ratcliffe, Houghton, Pilling, Johnson, Salisbury, Yarwood : Cheshire and Lancashire
Rundle, Clark, Lobb, Cock, Ede, Broad, White, Brice?, Mann : Cornwall
Wardell; Harrison, Richardson, West: Lincolnshire
Kieft, Morgan, Bevan, Hullin, Beynon: Gower, GLA, Wales
Stanford, Carroll, Wrynn, MacGovern : Leitrim, IRE
Stanford, Mason ; Meagher/Mahar, Bannon, Connolly: Ireland
Keen: England and New Haven, CT
...and many more!