Author Topic: Ships lists from out of Londonderry??  (Read 2916 times)

Offline KHartley

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Ships lists from out of Londonderry??
« on: Wednesday 20 February 08 14:56 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone have any access (or can tell me where I might search) for passenger lists out of Londonderry to Canada for the period between 1886 and 1888?? I am looking for a William McCutcheon leaving Ireland (supposedly 1887) emigrating to Canada. Family story says he came to Canada with a brother named Samuel. I know he returned in 1894 and brought his mother, Mary to Canada - they sailed from Londonderry as well and I have found that listing but unfortunately the passenger listing gave no clue as to where they originated from in N. Ireland (again supposedly the family was from Tyrone County). I also found a listing for a Samuel McCutcheon for 1891 which made me wonder if he might have followed William at a later date going against family story but that listing did not even give Samuel's age........... If anyone has any info about earlier passenger lists and where I might find them I would appreciate the info............ of if they might find my elusive William McCutcheon on a list about 1887 that would be greatly appreciated. THANKS

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ships lists from out of Londonderry??
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 February 08 19:36 GMT (UK) »
www.findmypast.com has outward bound passenger lists from U.K. 1890-1949 available now.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline KHartley

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 20 February 08 20:36 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately 1890 is a little late for the date I need (1887)....... I did find the 1894 passenger list for William & his mother Mary at findmypast though............

Offline bigfellow98

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 21 February 08 20:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi try this site http://collectionscanada.ca/archivianet/passenger/ its pretty good
BF