Author Topic: Wright family of Dudley  (Read 15086 times)

Offline DudleyWinchurch

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wright family of Dudley
« Reply #18 on: Friday 25 April 08 13:17 BST (UK) »
Hi populardude,

I can confirm that Charlotte was baptized at Dudley, St Thomas on 25th October 1812, I think making it five children of Timothy and Sarah between 1794 and 1812.  The other four should be available on the FREEREG site, already.

I took a quick look at FamilySearch and the dates that you have got already seem to be from a non-conformist church, children also to Timothy and Sarah, could well be same family as the dates fit in-between the ones for the baptisms at St Thomas (so they seem to have switched between churches a few times). 

However, Jane appears to belong to a different family (Thomas and Sarah).  And there are other children that I can't find.  Are you sure these all belong to the same family?

Haven't rechecked them all but if there are any other descrepancies between the FamilySearch and FREEREG records for St Thomas, let me know and I'll try to find them again.
McDonough, Oliver, McLoughlin, O'Brien, Cuthbert, Keegan, Quirk(e), O'Malley, McGuirk (Ireland)
Dudley, Winchurch, Wolverson, Brookes (Black Country)
Concannon, Moore, Markowski (Markesky), Mottram, Lawton (Black Country)

Offline populardude

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 28 April 08 09:07 BST (UK) »
Hi DudleyWinchurch,

thanks for the info... i was pretty sure that they were from the same family.. but i could have been wrong... i will have a check when i get chance and follow this up and then let you know.

Rich

Offline Wrightline

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 06 July 11 15:30 BST (UK) »
 Hi kmccombs

I have exactly the same pedigree as you. Would love you to contact me,

Timothy Wright is my 4 x G/Gfather and I am descended through George Wright as well. :)

Wrightline. 

Offline Wrightline

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 08 July 11 07:27 BST (UK) »
Am keen to contact kmccombs (RootsChat Friday 22 Feb 2008), or any of the other contributors to this post. Any ideas?
Wrightline.

Offline Wrightline

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 08 July 11 07:35 BST (UK) »
Am also keen to know where kmccombs sourced the birth of Timothy Wright, my 4 x G/Gfather. I have tried FamilySeach & Ancestry.co.uk without success, and also the LDS film for that period, again to no avail. It may mean a further trip to Dudley Records Office one day, expensive from Australia!! Any ideas anyone. By the way I have done an exhaustive research into this family if anyone is interested, UK., USA, & Australia.
Wrightline.

Offline millie32

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 18 August 11 12:18 BST (UK) »
Dear Wrightline,       My brother & I also trace our line back to Timothy Wright.   My brother found  his marriage in the Dudley Records Office.    We descend from his son Joseph and Joseph's daughter Rebecca Millward Wright.   On the 1841 Census Timothy was living with his son Peter and he was aged 70 born 1771 and was a widow.    Rebecca died when she was 98 and some of my relations knew her as she died in 1947.    We have a lot of first hand information about the family  which we would be delighted to share.      Millie32.

Offline Wrightline

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 21 August 11 22:48 BST (UK) »
Dear Millie32,

Absolutely delighted to hear from you. Have been corresponding with cousins of yours in America, also descended through Joseph. They recently did a trip to UK & Australia researching Herbert Timothy Wright.

Do please get in touch via my email address: (*) as I would love to share trees with you.

Wrightline :)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline populardude

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 02 January 12 19:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Millie32,

I've only just returned to this site after a fair bit of time away, and i'd love to hear from you with regards to our Wright family connections. My Gt.Gt.Gt Grandfather was Joseph Wright.

I can be contact and found on Ancestry.com or alternatively you can send me a message to: mrrackham (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk

Regards

Populardude

Offline Wrightline

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 02 January 12 21:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Millie32 & Populardude (great name!),

Sorry I didn't reply to your message, Millie32, back in August. Had a few challenges this end such as broken ribs etc!

Would love to swap info with you both as I am in the process of writing a book on the Wright family covering their activities in UK, USA and Australia. Any input would be most helpful and welcome.

Suggest we correspond via email (see Personal Message System).

Regards

Wrightline.