Author Topic: COLLISON OF CAMBRIDGE  (Read 700 times)

Offline m.sharp

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
COLLISON OF CAMBRIDGE
« on: Monday 10 January 05 14:46 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone help with the name Jack Collison m. to Carrie ??? Jack was born in 1902 in Uckfield and Carrie was from Cambridgeshire, the had a daughter in 1924 called Betty (this is true name, not shortened), unfortunately they were both dead by 1928 leaving Betty (my Mother) an orphan.  I would dearly luv to find out who Carrie was, so need to get her marriage cert. etc.  Many thanx.
Margaret.
COLLISON; SENNITT; MONEY; GOTOBED; HITCH; LOWE;LANGFORD;LEAVENS: SENNITT(CAMBRIDGE)  LANE; GUDGE;BASHFORD(SURREY)  NEWMAN; SHARP;(MIDDLESEX)
COLLISON; DOWSING (SUSSEX: KENT) WYATT/EAST; CUTLER (BUCKS.)SENNETT/SENNITT: ASHTON: (CAMBRIDGE, CHELSEA, ISLINGTON, CAMBERWELL.)

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
Re: COLLISON OF CAMBRIDGE
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 January 05 14:49 GMT (UK) »
You have indeed posted this query before and very recently and there is a very lengthy thread in response:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=28690.msg109963#msg109963
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline m.sharp

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 January 05 15:11 GMT (UK) »
Yes I know I have, but have just discovered that Betty was born in Cambridge, so maybe my Nan came from there too, or may have been in service there.  There are loads of villages in Cambridge, so hoping somebody can help. 
Margaret.
COLLISON; SENNITT; MONEY; GOTOBED; HITCH; LOWE;LANGFORD;LEAVENS: SENNITT(CAMBRIDGE)  LANE; GUDGE;BASHFORD(SURREY)  NEWMAN; SHARP;(MIDDLESEX)
COLLISON; DOWSING (SUSSEX: KENT) WYATT/EAST; CUTLER (BUCKS.)SENNETT/SENNITT: ASHTON: (CAMBRIDGE, CHELSEA, ISLINGTON, CAMBERWELL.)

Offline Anjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 10 January 05 16:22 GMT (UK) »
If you know all betty's siblings you can work out roughly her parents marriage year.

then you can send for the cert you don't need a ref no.
they will do a 3 year search for a marriage at a cost of £11

I have done this on a couple of occasions and on one occassion I only knew the fathers full name and his wifes first name, (like you) and I had no idea which part of the country they married.  (one was from Staffordshire and the other London and they emigrated shortly after marriage to New Zealand.  Their 1st child was born in England 1867 so I guessed they must have married ither 1865, 1866 or 1867 and sent the form off and Bingo got my marriage cert in 2 weeks time. 

Nothing ventured nothing gained. Give it a go.

All the best Anjo

Offline m.sharp

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 11 January 05 12:00 GMT (UK) »
Thanx for that Anjo, I'll give it a go.  Thanx again.
Margaret.