Author Topic: The Lamb family  (Read 1572 times)

Offline DJMSC

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The Lamb family
« on: Wednesday 27 February 08 11:27 GMT (UK) »
My G.G. Grandfather Thomas Lamb and his wife Jane Lamb (nee Watson) were farming people at Hepscott Coal Burn Farm, Morpeth, Northumberland and later at Glororum, Northumberland. I have details and photgraphs of their grave and the grave of some of their offspring which is in Stannington Churchyard, Northumberland. The Lamb family continued to farm at Coalburn until after W.W.1. I would be interested to hear from any descendants or anyone with information about my Lamb ancestors.          Dixie.

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: The Lamb family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 February 08 11:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dixie,

Welcome to Rootschat!  :)

Would you like to say how far back you've got with your Lambs and their dates and places of birth, and what information you still need for them, eg census, parish registers etc so that we know what to look for

Kind regards,
Barbara
 :)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline behindthefrogs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • EDLIN
    • View Profile
Re: The Lamb family
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 February 08 12:08 GMT (UK) »
It is worth you entering and checking your interest in the surname interest table.  There would seem to be relevant entries in there.

The link is via "Your Surname Interests" at the foot of every page.
Living in Berkshire from Northampton & Milton Keynes
DETAILS OF MY NAMES ARE IN SURNAME INTERESTS, LINK AT FOOT OF PAGE
Wilson, Higgs, Buswell, PARCELL, Matthews, TAMKIN, Seckington, Pates, Coupland, Webb, Arthur, MAYNARD, Caves, Norman, Winch, Culverhouse, Drakeley.
Johnson, Routledge, SHIRT, SAICH, Mills, SAUNDERS, EDLIN, Perry, Vickers, Pakeman, Griffiths, Marston, Turner, Child, Sheen, Gray, Woolhouse, Stevens, Batchelor
Census Info is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk