Author Topic: Helen Steel born Auchinsterie?  (Read 6291 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Helen Steel born Auchinsterie?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 29 February 08 15:13 GMT (UK) »
Yes, Monica  :)

Usually they are double entries - staying with relatives and recorded at home etc.

Looks like this happened in this case  ::)

I'm nearly getting myself in knots on the other thread. I had to draw myself a chart - all these generations of John Steels  ;D ;D ;D

Sorted now  :)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 29 February 08 16:26 GMT (UK) »
Well, that's a first one of those for me ~ thanks Gadget  :)

Annette, I've gone through the earlier censuses for James Kelly and Mary Ann McAnulty (still don't understand why daughter put down something different on her MC  :-\) and both of them only show Ireland as a birth place. Can't easily see a marriage for them in Scotland. You might want to have a look at one of their children's birth certs. (Mary Ann being the most obvious one!) which should confirm place and date of marriage for the parents. Should hopefully give you some clues as to where in Ireland they came from. Their death certs should also include their parents' names, if known to the informant, to help you with your searches in Ireland.

On the Christie side, you have the names of Anthony Snr.'s father and wife Catherine's father from their marriage entry which together with census info that they were born in Co. Leitrum (probably worthwhile confirming this from the original image) should also help.

Regards.

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 29 February 08 17:50 GMT (UK) »
Annette

This is the section from Margaret Kelly and Anthony Christie's 1890 marriage cert with her parents details:

Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 02 March 08 06:42 GMT (UK) »
Hello Monica,

Thank you very much for all the you have looked up for us, it has been most helpful. Now we will have to put it in order.

I have had a very busy 2 days and have not got back to you until now, and all that you have is very much appreciated thanks so much for that. :-[

Also I don't know what has happened but the section from the Marriage certificate of Anthony Christie and Margaret Kelly will not open for me. I will keep trying to get it to open. ???

Thanks for sending it and hope I can access it.

Regards
Annette :)
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.
Steel, McNab, Christie, Kelly, Fraser.

Offline merryhow

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 03 March 08 20:47 GMT (UK) »

Hi Annette, just thought I'd put my penny's worth in.

AUCHINSTARRY is/was about half a mile from Condorrat Village Cumbernauld heading towards Kilsyth. It was just a handful of cottages.

Val

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 03 March 08 21:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Val,

Thanks for that. It was good of you to let me know, thanks again.
Regards,

Annette.
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.
Steel, McNab, Christie, Kelly, Fraser.