Author Topic: Wade in parish registers  (Read 3538 times)

Offline Meme21

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wade in parish registers
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 05 December 21 11:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I know this post is old. But I’ve only just been given my family tree and came across this chat my g grandmother was Ada Rosetta Morley George golden radley Wade was my ggg grandfather kind regards meme

Offline ChrisRY

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wade in parish registers
« Reply #10 on: Monday 06 December 21 17:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I know this post is old. But I’ve only just been given my family tree and came across this chat my g grandmother was Ada Rosetta Morley George golden radley Wade was my ggg grandfather kind regards meme

Hello Meme, Very good to get a reply after all those years, I guess we are related through our great grandfather John Radley 1769-1841 and Lucy Alliss 1780-1842 his wife. Since the early messages I posted I have managed to progress with the tree to such an extent that I am now back to the Domesday Book with the finding of the location that led to the name Radley being formed in Essex (very different to Radley's of other areas in the UK) How far have you got with their daughter Lucy marrying William Wade?
To be honest my research is done in a different way to many genealogists, I only follow the male line and so my research has only traced the Radley name, it is partly a one name study which has come into its own once you get past the 1500's when parish registers stop. Beyond this period what I call forensic genealogy takes over and only by gathering info on all Radley's in Essex and analysing location, very old documents, land transactions and so much more that the family line can be traced back.

If you need any help or are stuck on taking the tree back beyond John and Lucy (Alliss) let me know and I can probably help you out. I don't have a tree that can be sent as it started with Windows 95 and has been copied many times over the years onto new operating systems that are now incompatible with the newer pc's. Chris