Author Topic: denbighshire and flintshire record office  (Read 887 times)

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
denbighshire and flintshire record office
« on: Saturday 01 March 08 13:36 GMT (UK) »
Can any one tell me, if i visit the records office looking for a Wesleyan  marriage from 1901 1922, what infomation will the records tell me, as i know little about the bride except her parents name her age and where she lived, and nothing about the groom will it be difficult.

I have looked on ancestry but it does not give any infomation about the person will Parrish records be any different?

Thank You
Valerie

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: denbighshire and flintshire record office
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 March 08 13:50 GMT (UK) »
Well Valerie,if you were to locate the Marriage,it may give the Groom's Father,and also the Witnesses may provide further clues.There may be people on this list who may be able to help,try us with some names and a location?

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 March 08 15:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi William,

I don't think anyone can help I have wasted so much money on certificates,  that have not been her.
I only have her name not the groom, so this is where the problem starts I can't tell if she is the right person as it does not show her age or address or her father on thr GRO, the name is a really common one Margaret Davies, born 1885 she was 15 in the 1901 census. She was born in Abergele was working at the market Vaults Abergele in 1901.
Her father Daniel Davies was living in Peel street and when I went to the British newspaper Library last week looking at all the old Abergele papers(fascinating) her father Daniel was shown living in Jenkin Street up to 1913 thats as far as I got.

I thought there may have been an announcement (silly me) the paper cost half a penny and to place a marriage announcement I think cost a shilling and I am sure they would not have been able to afford that.

But I would recomened any one to read this paper if there interested in Abergele ,and the papers when they came to the desk where I was sitting  were the actual newspapers not on film so it was a fantastic feeling thinking that I was looking at something my family would have looked at.

Any way I am rambling now, but thanks

Valerie

Offline hiraeth

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 March 08 03:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Valerie
St. Paul's Abergele was originally the Welsh Wesleyan Chapel.   I believe the Weslayans have merged with the Methodists and this is a link to the church today.  If they don't have the records themselves I am sure they will be able to advise you where to find them.

http://cblmethodist.org/methodist/?cat=4

Heather
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 11 March 08 17:27 GMT (UK) »
Hello Heather,

Thanks for the info, I did write to St Paul's a couple of months ago but had no reply, but the link you sent me shows Manchester as having an archive, so I have e,mailed them.

Thanks for the reply

Valerie