Author Topic: Boyd/Neilson families - Polmont  (Read 1876 times)

Offline andrew shanks

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Boyd/Neilson families - Polmont
« on: Saturday 01 March 08 15:15 GMT (UK) »
I am seeking any information on the birth details of John Boyd and Christian Neilson, who were married at Polmont on 13 Nov 1818.  I am also interested in any info relating to their parents and any siblings.

I would be grateful for any assistance with this.

:)
Ireland: Arlour, Arlow, Hammond, Hannah, Shanks, Templeton

Scotland: Allan, Black, Carlyle, Corkingdale, Fleeting, Grant, Hammond, Hannah, Kirkwood, Lothian, McFarlane, Main, Neilson, Shanks, Sneddon, Stirling, Wood

Sussex/Hampshire/Surrey/London/Kent: Beagley, Champion, Clark, Douch, Earl, Jones, King, Ladyman, Ley, Pattenden, Peskett, Pink, Readings, Standen, Stonestreet, Windiate

Offline pbastianelli

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Boyd/Neilson families - Polmont
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 July 10 19:17 BST (UK) »
I have a small bit of info. Not sure if it is more info than what you have
We could compare.

Offline andrew shanks

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 July 10 20:38 BST (UK) »
Both John and Christian are buried in Slamannan Churchyard, John having died in 1826 and Christian in 1851.  Do you know who their parents were?

Scotland: Allan, Black, Carlyle, Corkingdale, Fleeting, Grant, Hammond, Hannah, Kirkwood, Lothian, McFarlane, Main, Neilson, Shanks, Sneddon, Stirling, Wood

Sussex/Hampshire/Surrey/London/Kent: Beagley, Champion, Clark, Douch, Earl, Jones, King, Ladyman, Ley, Pattenden, Peskett, Pink, Readings, Standen, Stonestreet, Windiate

Offline pbastianelli

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 15 July 10 22:19 BST (UK) »
I have the following children for John Boyd  and Christian Neilson all born in Polmont

Alexander    b 21 July 1819
Jean             b 15 June 1821
Ann              b 23 July 1823
Elizabeth      b 19 July 1825

How did you come along the death dates for Christian and John.  I do have a copy of Elizabeth's death cert. her death was 30 june 18858 in Falkirk Burgh.  John Boyd and Christina Neilson are listed as parents.  I assume the Christina is Christian.

I did find a census return for a John and Christian Boyd in 1841 in Ayr.  I assume now that there is another married couple name John and Christian Boyd.  Guess I should not assume much.

Offline andrew shanks

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 16 July 10 20:06 BST (UK) »
Hi pbastianelli,

I had the LDS details for the christenings of the children but not the death of Elizabeth.  Could you just clarify the year of her death?

I obtained the dates of death for John Boyd and Christian Neilson from the pre-1855 East Stirlingshire MIs.

Offline pbastianelli

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 17 July 10 00:01 BST (UK) »
I am sorry the year is 1858.