Author Topic: Parish records  (Read 3082 times)

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Parish records
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 02 March 08 21:30 GMT (UK) »
Is Robert Daniel living at Store St. in 1861?

If so, there's a detailed bankruptcy writeup for him on page 37 of the 28 April 1863 London Gazette. Says his address is Richard-street, Woolwich, Kent, formerly of: Camden Town Villas, and of No 12 Store street, Bedford-square, and of Swann's-lane, Highgate, and of Stanhope-street, Regent's Park, and of No 171, Albany-street, and of No 6, Wellington-street, Islington, all in the parish of Middlesex.

There is another mention on 15 May 1863, page 47, same info.

Finally, in 5 May 1865 - discharge of bankruptcy.

Also connected may be John Walter Trimen, another bankrupt - whose previous addresses in 1864 include 12 Store-street, Bedford-square, and No 7, Stanhope-street, Regent's-park.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pyghtle

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 02 March 08 21:57 GMT (UK) »
Yes that is Robert, he was living in Store Street. The bankruptcy ties in with his sudden financial demise.

I have  his daughter Elizabeths Victorian photograph album (as the rootschat restorers know well) and with their help restoring and dating I have been able to name and date the london photographs..and Robert was wealthy in 1851 - 61 as is obvious by the clothes they are wearing.

Then in the years that followed his financial situation got worse and worse, he ended up an unemployed builder, but he never went back to his family in Leeds.

It is a fascinating story and what a good job these records were kept...now I would like for someone to find out for me when Robert died. It was sometime between 1891 and 1901.

I have searched the usual records but cannot find him.

Thanks so much for the info.

Brenda
Tebbs... Leicester, Gainsborough, Lincoln, Hunslet,Harehills, Leeds
Daniel....Hyde Park Leeds, Paddington London
Russell...Harehills, Leeds
Hope ..Harehills (Leeds)
Coop..Leicester, Birmingham
Payne..Leicester, Blackpool

Offline pyghtle

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 19 March 08 00:28 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to come back to this thread, but I have hit a brick wall...this time with the death of Mary Ann Daniel.

I have sent for 3 death certificates...none of them being the right one.
ann was born Ann Rinder in1830, I have her up to the 1861 census, in Finsbury London

These are the certificates i have sent for

Mile End 1c/364
               1c/141
St giles    1b/263

Luckily I paid £7 for the first one, then I asked for a ref check for the others which cost me £3 each.

can anyone come up with a death date for Mary Ann Daniel

Hope ..Harehills (Leeds)

Online Barbara F

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 19 March 08 10:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello Brenda
Will try to have a longer look at this later but was wondering whether Mary Ann might have returned to Leeds if her husband had gone off with another woman.
Do you have Mary Ann's daughter on later censuses?  Could Mary Ann be living with her or perhaps another of her Rinder relatives?
Barbaar
Joy, Larkin, Twort, Baker, Whibley - Brenchley and Horsmonden area Kent
Fewell and Speller - Essex and London
Headington and Bateman - London
Feltwell - Norfolk and London
Lewin - India and NZ
Evan-Thomas - Wales and London
Purser and Cook - Hunts

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pyghtle

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 19 March 08 10:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barbara

Yes I have Mary Anns daughter Elizabeth Lloyd Daniel  on all the census, she was my GGrandmother. I also wondered whether Mary Ann returned to Leeds, but Elizabeth lived with her Aunt MAry up to her getting married, then in 1891 Aunt Mary was living with Elizabeth and her husband........ Aunt Mary died in 1897.

In fact Elizabeth is shown on the 1861 census at school in Leeds and she is only 9 years old whereas the rest of the pupils are 14 years old, but the head of the school is William Rinder and one of the teachers is Ann Rinder, sister of Mary,although William is not the father of Mary Ann, maybe an Uncle...father is called Henry Rinder

It looks as though Elizabeth lloyd was allowed to go to that school because her mothers family owned and ran the school.

Surely if Elizabeths mother had been alive and had returned to Leeds, Elizabeth would have been living with her.....unless she was the one who had an affair and left the family!!

All the certificates I have sent for I have put Robert Daniel as the checking reference, what if he was not the name on the death certificate!

I have one more Mary Ann to send for, this is a death in Stockport, although Robert moved to the MAnchester area at a later date, I cannot find any evidence that MAry Ann  had any connection with that area.

Aunt Mary definately brought Elizabeth Lloyd up.

Any help!!!

Brenda     ??? ??? ???

Hope ..Harehills (Leeds)

Offline pyghtle

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 19 March 08 11:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barbara

I have reposted this thread under another heading as this thread startswith a request for lily Clara Daniel...we may get some more in put!!!

Thanks

Brenda

Hope ..Harehills (Leeds)