Author Topic: Welsh Language, Culture, History - On Line Courses  (Read 21761 times)

Offline Dolgellau

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Welsh Language, Culture, History - On Line Courses
« on: Tuesday 11 January 05 02:34 GMT (UK) »
Those who wish to learn Welsh, improve their Welsh, learn about Welsh Culture or learn about Welsh History might like to visit this link:

New Link below

It is the link for Lampeter University’s on line e- courses.

For residents of the UK who have not received formal educational qualifications above A level or NVQ level 3, some of these courses are free and I believe (but I am not 100% certain) that there are also fee waivers for people on low income / state benefits.

For those who are earning a fair wage who want to know more about Wales and the Welsh – the fees are not excessive.

If you’re interested in the language, history or culture of Wales, it's worth spending a few minutes of browsing time on this link.

I'm sure others have links offering similar, or even better opportunities - please add them to the thread.

Offline glamorganmorgan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Welsh Language, Culture, History - On Line Courses
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 March 10 11:01 GMT (UK) »
another good language course is at
http://www.saysomethingin.com/welsh/ucp.php?i=pm&folder=inbox

which is Say Something in Welsh , based on the Michel Thomas principles of language learning
Glamorgan,Monmouth,London
Williams/Morgan

Offline glamorganmorgan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 March 10 13:01 GMT (UK) »
Say Something in Welsh is fantastic, but is not based on Michel Thomas, although has some link, but also Pimsleur, and other Welsh courses e.g. Colloquial Welsh, in other words it is not based on any one course, but is an amalgam of what works from a number of sources
Glamorgan,Monmouth,London
Williams/Morgan

Offline Dolgellau

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 25 June 13 03:25 BST (UK) »
Those who wish to learn Welsh, improve their Welsh, learn about Welsh Culture or learn about Welsh History might like to visit this link:

New Link Below

It is the link for Lampeter University’s on line e- courses.

For residents of the UK who have not received formal educational qualifications above A level or NVQ level 3, some of these courses are free and I believe (but I am not 100% certain) that there are also fee waivers for people on low income / state benefits.

For those who are earning a fair wage who want to know more about Wales and the Welsh – the fees are not excessive.

If you’re interested in the language, history or culture of Wales, it's worth spending a few minutes of browsing time on this link.

I'm sure others have links offering similar, or even better opportunities - please add them to the thread.

Updated link
http://www.trinitysaintdavid.ac.uk/en/courses/coursesforwelshlearners/welshonlinecoursesforbeginners/