Author Topic: Cornelius Phillips Maiden Newton c1810  (Read 3434 times)

Offline chandlers

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cornelius Phillips Maiden Newton c1810
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 12 May 11 20:09 BST (UK) »
Yes thats a good site! thanks, have now seen both siblings recorded!
Sorry to ask another favour...... where did you find the marriage recorded of Thomas and Rosetta? As I seem to be drawing a blank. Is it at Sherborne? as dont think there are any records for Nether Compton marriages at that time. Thanks again and sorry to keep bothering you! Chandlers

Offline taylorwallace

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 12 May 11 22:27 BST (UK) »
found it on "find my past" site
taylor wallace

Offline chandlers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 13 May 11 15:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help taylorwallace, as you can probably tell this is all new to me! need to spend some time away from the laptop now! ~

Offline Kenco1954

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 13 February 24 00:50 GMT (UK) »
I am a direct descendant of a Cornelius Phillips born 1807 (or 1810) who married Anne Pease (or Please) and lived in Broomfield, Somerset.
His mother was Rosetta Withey 1780-1833. His father was Thomas Phillips 1785-1865. Cornelius and Anne had several children; Rosetta, William (born1841); Ann; Cornelius aka Richard (born 1843 died 1917); Elizabeth Sarah (born 1855); Thomas (born 1847); Martha (born 1850); Tom Jones (born 1845). Of these children it appears my direct ancestor was Cornelius aka Richard who with his partner Annabetha ? Palmer had a Thomas Phillips.
There is some uncertainty with some later dates and names but my paternal grandparents had my father in Spaxton, Somerset in 1931. I was born in 1954. Hope this helps…….do you have anything more re Cornelius and his family tree ?. Regards - Kenneth William Phillips currently resident in New Zealand.