Author Topic: McInrue/McAhruie Coatbridge  (Read 10319 times)

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McInrue/McAhruie Coatbridge
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 14 October 09 10:05 BST (UK) »
The RC records on SP have recorded the birth as

20/04/1869 02/06/1869 MCAROON JAMES - JOHN MCAROON and MARY ANN LITTIMOUR Male at  COATBRIDGE, ST PATRICK'S

The joys of genealogy. I'm still not sure which root to follow to trace them in Ireland.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 14 October 09 10:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Sancti

Did you not get anywhere trying to check parish registers? RC parish registers may well include place of birth.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bartholemew

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 11 May 10 15:01 BST (UK) »
I have looked at a few records on SP that look like the above names. They have been transcribed onto the SP index as above.

The 1st record was a marriage in 1884 for a Mary Ann McAhruie
The 2nd record is her brothers marriage John McInrue in 1885
The 3rd record is their fathers death John McInrue in 1907

I know they came from Ireland but dont know when or from where and I cant find any reference to the name on the census

Offline bartholemew

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 13 May 10 12:13 BST (UK) »
is sancti out there as i would love to know if we are related as i am mary mc ahruies grandaughter. i have a copy of her marriage certificate. you seem to know a lot more than i but would be happy to hear from you.

Offline rosspat91

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 29 October 11 23:48 BST (UK) »
my grandmother was a mcinrue.im the grt grt grt grandson of john mcinrue,died 1907? any info on what the surname was before?

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 29 October 11 23:50 BST (UK) »
1st record of the family in Coatbridge is his 2nd marriage and he is recorded as McAroon

Offline bartholemew

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 07 November 11 19:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi my grandfather John Mc Inrue as far as I am aware went to Coatbridge with my mother Bridget and her older brother I think was John after granny died at her birth.  My mother married my father James Devlin in 1920 where they lived at Bank Street where I was born in 1935, the second youngest of a family of eight girls and one boy.  I now live in England for the past fifty three years.  The name Mc Inrue was spelt so many different ways in Ireland. Unfortunately I dont know a lot of their history but would be interested to hear from you.
it is a pity that any documents simply say Ireland but not which part.

Regards Cathie.

Offline rosspat91

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 07 November 11 21:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi
thats an interesting story,my father from scotland came to england,and i like all my family are born down here,im afraid im in the same boat about the  surname. and only one of the mcinrues survive on my grandmas side and she has no information.i have records going back to william mcinrue (father of john) but do not know where he was born

Offline samalexander

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 07 February 24 07:33 GMT (UK) »
Not sure if anyone is still following this but I am the great-great grandson of Mary Ann McInrue and James McGovern who married in 1884, Coatbridge.

I have a copy of Mary Ann's baptism which took place in the parish of Kilquade in County Wicklow, Ireland. Her name on this was recorded as 'Maria Anna McInroe' baptised on 29th of May 1864, parents given as 'John McInroe and Elizabeth Teevan', address given as the townland of 'Knockadreet'.

I also have a civil record which seems to line up with date and place, however the name on it is recorded as 'Margaret McIlrue' and parents are recorded as 'Patrick McIlrue' and 'Eliza Tieven', address given as 'Roundwood'. So whether the civil record is for the same family, I'm not entirely sure...

Mary Ann's baptismal record in Co. Wicklow lines up with the information Mary Ann provided on the 1921 Census of Scotland, on this her birth place is also recorded as Co Wicklow.

- Sam