Author Topic: marriage hughes-harris Bromsgrove ?  (Read 5141 times)

Offline DMP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: marriage hughes-harris Bromsgrove ?
« Reply #18 on: Friday 07 March 08 18:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi I think i have found Edwin in 1851 but their is no Sarah he is in Stoulton where he said he was born on the 1861 census with parents Richard and Ann

Donna
Butler/Willenhall/Smethwick/bromsgrove Briton/oldbury Doughty/Homer/Reynolds/Whitehouse/tipton Greenaway/gornal Phillips/,bala Toon/burton Selwood/tipton/worcester skidmore/hill top Wedgbury/worcester Wheatley/west Bromwich  Wooldridge/oldswinford  Worton/cradley Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DMP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 07 March 08 18:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Found
John Owen Hughes
Sarah Farr
sept 1853
bromsgrove

Donna
Butler/Willenhall/Smethwick/bromsgrove Briton/oldbury Doughty/Homer/Reynolds/Whitehouse/tipton Greenaway/gornal Phillips/,bala Toon/burton Selwood/tipton/worcester skidmore/hill top Wedgbury/worcester Wheatley/west Bromwich  Wooldridge/oldswinford  Worton/cradley Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jaxishere

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 07 March 08 18:42 GMT (UK) »
yes I found edwin in 1841 in stoulton no sarah parents Richard and Ann
I dont think
John Owen Hughes is my john as all the other cencus you found he was allways plain old John as was his marraige to Eliza in 1886
Smith Worcestershire
Pardoe  Hartlebury Belbroughton Worcestershire
Hughes Bromsgrove Droitwich
Harris, Milton, Franklin, Grafton Gloucestershire,  
Harris, EmleyCastle
Townsend Bath Somerset
Bird worcestershire

Offline DMP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 07 March 08 18:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi i have only seen him as John and he was only bapt John

Donna

Offline DMP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 07 March 08 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi from the igi both of the John Hughes marriages where at Tardebigg

Donna

Offline Kbards

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 09 March 08 19:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi

My great great grandmother was Mary Ann Harris.  I am descended from her daughter Sarah, who on her marriage certificate to George Pardoe, listed her name as Sarah Harris Hughes.  My grandmother, worked for her grandmother Sarah, as a housekeeper in the 1930's.  By this stage Sarah and her husband George were extremely wealthy and my grandmother remembers their house with lots of beautiful things.  George had a building firm and they owned quite a few houses in Waterworks Road in Worcester and employed 30 men. His firm built the wall around Stanley Baldwin's estate. By the 1930's Sarah was overweight and suffering from problems with her stomach, probably stomach cancer.  Another overriding memory of my grandmother's was that Sarah was Jewish, very strict Jewish - I am not sure where her Jewishness comes from - whether it was her mother or fathers side - if anyone knows I would love to know.  My Grandmother says that Sarah was always referred to as Sarah Harris - not Hughes or Harris Hughes as per her marriage certificate.

Offline jaxishere

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 10 March 08 15:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kbards

Sarah Harris was my G Grandmother. My grandmother was one of George and Sarah's Daughters. My Grandmother lived in one of those house s in Waterworks Road until she died in the 80s

The information You have given me about Sarah and George is very intresting as I knew nothing about them until about 2 Years ago. The Harris in Sarah's name had me confused  for a while as it was not your run of the mill middle name but as I researched more I realised Harris was her maiden name

Is your Grandmother still alive I would really welcome any more information you have about the family 
Smith Worcestershire
Pardoe  Hartlebury Belbroughton Worcestershire
Hughes Bromsgrove Droitwich
Harris, Milton, Franklin, Grafton Gloucestershire,  
Harris, EmleyCastle
Townsend Bath Somerset
Bird worcestershire

Offline Kbards

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 10 March 08 18:57 GMT (UK) »
Yes my grandmother is still alive - a healthy 88!  She was Edith Pardoe (married Tom Allies) daughter.

Offline Tricia_2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • "Family ~ link to our past, bridge to our future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 18 March 08 00:55 GMT (UK) »
Just out of interest, I have some Ashton-Under-Hill Harrises.

My gt gt gt grandmother was Hannah Harris ~ baptised Ashton 1813 ~ and her father was John ~ born c. 1790, I believe also in Ashton.
I think that her mother's name was probably Lydia.

If you think there might be a connection, do let me know!  :)
Worcs / Glos: Neal Neale Jeynes Jeens Geans Harris Roper Ropier Colley Dyer Heeks Bayzand Hampton Bishop Cole Elton Littlehales McGowan
Glamorgam: Hampton Thornton Svombo Swambo Swanbo Keefe O Keefe Shanahan Shannon Doyle Maldoon Muldoon Davies Llewellyn Jones
Birmingham: Neale Sarjant Cole Hiley Berridge Tirebuck