Author Topic: Dimmers of Eastry  (Read 3967 times)

Offline surreyboi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dimmers of Eastry
« Reply #9 on: Friday 03 September 10 20:18 BST (UK) »
I tried to send a copy of my photo of Elizabeth Dimmer b1851 yesterday but it didn't work.   I haven't got your email address.   Mine is email address removed by moderator in accordance with Rootschat policy - please use the secure Rootschat personal message system to exchange email addresses thankyou.   Maybe Roots doesn't allow email addresses to be exchanged. 

Gordon Donne Davis was ordained in 1937 and was a curate at St Lawrence Morden until 1940 when he became a chaplain at RAF Stafford.  In 1945 he was appointed Rector of St Helen's Ipswich although his RAF duties prevented him from taking up the post for some time.  In 1950 he became Vicar of St Peter, Norbiton a large important parish in Kingston upon Thames.    He remained there until he retired in 1972.  He had become Canon Donne Davis in 1963.   He retired to Rustington, Sussex and died there at the end of 1985.   He was on the original committee that arranged for Billy Graham to come to Britain.   On the other hand, he was also friends with Mervyn Stockwood the red bishop of Southwark.   

William Dimmer, John Pain & Mary Wait are all people I didn't know about so thanks for them.   I've only just updated my family tree chart which I'll send you once we can exchange emails.       

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Dimmers of Eastry
« Reply #10 on: Friday 03 September 10 20:51 BST (UK) »
Surreyboi, if you click Tigsy's name to the left of any of their posts you will be taken to their profile where you have the option to send them a personal message to exchange email addresses etc.

Casalguidi :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk