Author Topic: Long Shot ! Sheffield. Vickers-Stacey  (Read 19433 times)

Offline ESandS

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Long Shot ! Sheffield. Vickers-Stacey
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 03 November 16 13:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I am GGrandfather is Arthur John Stacey 1855-1906. He moved down to Dorset when he was ill with his wife and children.
Son of William Turnton Stacey and Rose Etchells.
Williams father was Ebenezer Stacey (The well known Britannia metal maker and silver plate company).
Williams brother was James Vickers Stacey b1828 to 1868. There were several brothers and sisters
The whole family were from Sheffield area.
I have the family tree going back to around 1600's and it is very large!

guest294315

« Reply #28 on: Sunday 15 November 20 14:49 GMT (UK) »
Hello Everyone!

After my 1st requests (back in 2012 under the name of Debbie B) I am now back on the Vickers-Stacey trail! I change my e-mail and had issues getting back on here hence the change of name.

I have done a bit of work on the Vickers-Stacey line and on the Lockwoods and I think I have separated the children of John Stacey & Hannah Vickers and John Stacey & Hannah Spawford.

Sarah - Thank you for the grave information for Ebenezer :)

I'm happy to share the info I have found if any of you guys are still out there and still doing your trees.

Stay safe
Debbie

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 15 November 20 16:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Debbie,

Welcome back you are better off using your original profile as this has all you old topics and notification switched on - if you can not remember your password etc I can help you access your old account.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

guest294315

« Reply #30 on: Monday 16 November 20 14:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sarah
That's very kind of you. It's my old e-mail address that is linked to this site that's the problem (it closed down so no one has access to any e-mails sent there). My "old/original" user name was DebbieB - I need to link that with my new e-mail address if that's possible? - Many thanks - Debbie

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 16 November 20 15:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Debbie,

I can use your new email address to update your old profile, you would need to log off as I would have to delete this new profile. Once I had updated your old profile I would then send you a new password so that you can then log into your old profile.

Hope that all made sense.

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

guest294315

« Reply #32 on: Monday 16 November 20 15:27 GMT (UK) »
Oh thank you Sarah - yes that will be great. You should be able to see my new e-mail address on the Debs9 profile. I can send it to you if not.

I will log out now - thank you  :D

Offline debbie b

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 16 November 20 15:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sarah

Thank you so much for all your help.
I think I'm now listed as "Guest" but I can see all my old messages and replies etc
Can I change my user name back to Debbie B?

You are so helpful - it's very much appreciated
Debbie
DEWHURST Yorks. TYMMS/TYMNS Lancs/Cheshire. HARGREAVES Yorks. MCGARRY Ireland/Lancs. LARKIN Ireland/Cheshire. STRINGER Yorks. BAMBER Lancs. LYON Lancs. STACEY Yorks. CROASDALE Yorks.

Offline debbie b

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 16 November 20 15:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Sarah,

You don't need to answer that last question - I can see you've changed it back for me ;D
Thank you once again
Take care
Debbie
DEWHURST Yorks. TYMMS/TYMNS Lancs/Cheshire. HARGREAVES Yorks. MCGARRY Ireland/Lancs. LARKIN Ireland/Cheshire. STRINGER Yorks. BAMBER Lancs. LYON Lancs. STACEY Yorks. CROASDALE Yorks.

Offline debbie b

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 03 February 22 14:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi again!

I'm still working on the Vickers/Stacey family tree (Sheffield)

Whilst I have the information I previously needed, I wondered if anyone following this thread knows if the Vickers (white metal manufacturer) family is connected in anyway to the Vickers/Naylor family? Same surname, similar professions, same years (or, just a coincidence?)

I have done a little bit of research and can't find a connection or common ancestor.
I have gone back to James Vickers 1737-1809 for the manufacturer (who is the son of James Vickers born about 1710).

For the Vickers/Naylor family, I have gone back to John Vickers b. 1723, the miller, who was the son of Edward Vickers (b. 1688) & Mary Rawson.

Is anyone tracking/tracing either of these families that far back?

Many thanks
Debbie