Author Topic: Holly mount records?  (Read 15606 times)

Offline canadacas

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Holly mount records?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 29 April 08 13:47 BST (UK) »
PS.
How can I print or get a copy of these pictures for my records?

Cathy

Offline Mr. MIGKY

• --
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 29 April 08 17:31 BST (UK) »
Right click on any the the pictures you want to print out , it will drop down a menu for you. Go to the print section. like this below.
Migky ;)

Images removed as it may infringe copy rights

Offline Mr. MIGKY

• --
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 30 April 08 13:50 BST (UK) »
I think these two thread should be linked as they both cover much the same ground/

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,146072.15.html

Offline jomar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 30 April 08 19:35 BST (UK) »
Migky - Thank you so much for all your endless effort and trouble collating and posting the piccies re Hollymount.  Wow!! I found them mindblowing!!  My image and memory of time there was like walking back into a time warp.  I am sure many past "residents" will feel the same ,as will anyone who has dearly loved ones as part of Hollymount history.

I am not very computer literate, but I wonder how you acquired these pictures? Are they from a book, press cuttings or what?  Not to worry. I will get an 'expert' friend to help me follow your useful instructions to print them off.

I know some of your photos will fill a gap for lots of people!!

I only wish I could be more positively supportive for people who have Hollymount connections. Public image will, necessarily for many, present a constructive perspective yet we should acknowledge that there were many experientially destructive aspects.

I know this is an image shared by others but somewhat confused as to why it seems not permissable to offer equal validation to an alternative yet honest dialogue. This, to me, is an essential balance to the 'virtures' of 'good intentions' and the recipients of life-long trauma.

What you have provided is many avenues of support via tracing, records, and historical narratives for those who need to learn and understand more. Thank you so much for that and your hard work.

I, myself, carry the ground-in guilt of screaming at my laptop screen that there are always two sides to everything. Perhaps I am just bitter and twisted. Even so, I could never deny the truth and will always look to understand why so much pain was delivered in the name of God.

Take care Migky.

Jomar

Offline Jinxy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 30 April 08 21:25 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for the longed for pics Migky. :-*
I have saved them to my photo file for the time being but it may be a good idea to print off one or two as well.
Much appreciated. :)
Jinxy
Brown - Warner - Pye - Nash - Eustace - Robinson - McMahon - Lightfoot - Berry - Fairless - Dziunka

Offline Ravintola

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 15 October 08 15:42 BST (UK) »
I have just logged onto the forum for the first time as I am trying to trace records of my husband's grandmother, Sarah who was an orphan and was brought up in HollyMount and as far as I can tell remained there until her marriage abt 1923.  Her name was Sarah and was born around 1890.  She, and other members of the family were buried in the cemetery there (there were several adjoining plots) her married name was Collinson.   

I would be grateful for any assistance in tracing her and the graves.  I will begin by reading the previous messages.

Offline Mr. MIGKY

• --
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 15 October 08 16:03 BST (UK) »
Hello and welcome Ravintola to rootschat. I think you might find more infomation on  another thread i started some time back.
I hope we can help you with your search. 
Do you live in the Bury area? and do you know the other family members that are buried up at Hollymount?
Migky  ;)

Images removed as it may infringe copy rights

You could also try contacting these her for more on the Burials from Hollymount.

Bury Cemetery. Council Offices. St Peters Road Bury  0161 253 5871  Council Offices. Hollymount Lane Greenmount Bury BL8 4HP Tel: 01204-880291

Offline Ravintola

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Holly mount records
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 15 October 08 22:22 BST (UK) »
It was very pleasing to receive a reply so quickly - thank you for your assistance.  I believe that the family have three adjoining plots in the Hollymount Cemetery.  The names of those buried there are Sarah and John Collinson (both born around 1885 and died in 1968 within two weeks of each other).  I understand that Sarah was born in Salford but do not have proof of this. 

Others buried there are Thomas Leo Collinson, a Salesian priest and his sister and her husband Catherine and Peter Collinge (Catherine died in 1984). Thomas Leo Collinson was born in c1880 and died in c1960 
Sarah, an orphan was brought up in Holly Mount and I believe remained there until her marriage.  As yet I do not known her maiden name, can you suggest a way forward on this.   

The family remained in Hawkshaw for some time, my husband and his brother both lived there until secondary school age and later moved to Yorkshire where we are now.  I will follow links in the forum but any further suggestions would be welcome.

Offline Jed59

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 16 October 08 19:27 BST (UK) »
Canadacas and Ravintola,
After 1911/12 the mothers maiden name appeared on the index of births, so if you give us a name of one of the children born after this we can then find this out. , and so find the marriage date of john and sarah, as there are couple of john collinsons got married in 1923; also Canada cas's grandad's birth would have had to be registered , so at least should have his mothers name on the index.
Hope that helps
Best
Jed