Author Topic: penn born oxford  (Read 2239 times)

Offline Janet Taylor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
penn born oxford
« on: Wednesday 12 January 05 00:32 GMT (UK) »
George Penn born Oxford poss around the late 1840's early 1850's. Are you able to help please? I believe he was the common law husband of Jane Powell and they lived in the Forest of Dean area.
Cheltenham Bond+Taylor  West Wales Morris Oxford+Gloucester Penn+Powell+Preest Southampton Kendall Northants Gurney Monmouthshire James+Desmond+Murphy
Cork Murphy

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: penn born oxford
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 January 05 08:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Here is the 1881 census, showing George living with a Jane in the forest of dean.

address Clements End

George Penn, head, married, age 27, ag lab, born Oxford
Jane Penn, wife, married, age 24 born Glos Woolaston
John Penn, son, age 6 born Glos West Deam
William Penn, son, age 4 born West Dean
Edith Elizabeth Penn, daughter, age 2 born West Dean

RG11/5224
ed 17 folio 104 page 7

Nicky

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Sewell - Surrey<br />Lynch - Ireland, Devon and Channel Islands<br />Whall and Pye - Norwich, Essex and Kent<br />Cotterill - Warwickshire<br />Adams - North and East Riding of Yorkshire<br />Preest, Dufty Lewis, Aston - Forest of Dean

Offline Janet Taylor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 January 05 20:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nicky
Thank you for the info from the census for 1881. George Penn's son John (Penn) Powell (the children were registered with the Mother's surname) married Sarah Preest in Monmouth 1892... a surname you are researching I believe.
I am trying to find out more about George Penn and his parents.
Cheltenham Bond+Taylor  West Wales Morris Oxford+Gloucester Penn+Powell+Preest Southampton Kendall Northants Gurney Monmouthshire James+Desmond+Murphy
Cork Murphy

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 13 January 05 07:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Yes I am researching the Preest name in the Forest of Dean, do you have info on who Sarahs parents where? If I have the correct Sarah they would be John and Alice. John and my GG grandfather were brothers.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Nicky
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Sewell - Surrey<br />Lynch - Ireland, Devon and Channel Islands<br />Whall and Pye - Norwich, Essex and Kent<br />Cotterill - Warwickshire<br />Adams - North and East Riding of Yorkshire<br />Preest, Dufty Lewis, Aston - Forest of Dean

Offline Janet Taylor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 14 January 05 17:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nicky .....or should that be 'cous' .. if it is the right John b 1847 m Alice Reeks b 1854 then it's the same family.

Cork Murphy