Author Topic: Location of Kilthomas Parish Records? -COMPLETED  (Read 4097 times)

Offline juddee

• RootsChat Senior
  • Found them! Found them! I wish!
    • View Profile
Location of Kilthomas Parish Records? -COMPLETED
« on: Wednesday 12 January 05 01:08 GMT (UK) »
Could someone please tell me where the Kilthomas parish records are kept?
My ancestors who were Roman Catholic came from Peterswell Co. Galway and I believe the town is in the Kilthomas parish.

Regards
Juddee
Living in the land of Oz<br />Berkshire TASKER<br />Cambridgeshire BLANKS HAYDEN, STEWART<br />Durham GRAY LAVERICK UNTHANK<br />Gloustershire ANDREWS WILLINGTON<br />Hertfordshire HALES HAYDEN<br />Lancashire WHITE HARTNET<br />Oxfordshire EATON TASKER<br />Somerset  DAINTY GERRETT MURRAY SLADE<br />Wiltshire BARTLETT GERRETT<br /> Galway HICKEY LEWIS <br />Germany HARTMANN SCHUEMACHER<br />

Offline Lady Macbeth

• 1965-2013
  • Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Location of Kilthomas Parish Records?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 January 05 10:33 GMT (UK) »
Hope this helps.  Shows location of Kilthomas/Peterswell RC records and dates
http://scripts.ireland.com/ancestor/fuses/rcparishmaps/index.cfm?fuseaction=showidrecords&CityCounty=Galway&CityCounty=East%20Galway&parish=Peterswell&churchid=631
Sadly they don't appear to go back very far.
Good luck

Lesley
Gegan, Geoghegan, Gagan, or any variation whatsoever in Ireland (particularly Co Offaly/Kings Co) and Scotland;
Symons and Symon in Angus, Perthshire and Aberdeenshire, Scotland;
McKenna in Ireland and Scotland;
Wilkie in Kincardine and Angus, Scotland

Offline juddee

• RootsChat Senior
  • Found them! Found them! I wish!
    • View Profile
Re: Location of Kilthomas Parish Records?
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 January 05 12:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lesley

Thank you so much for that information - I will follow it up now.   :D :D

Been so hard to find anything on the town and my families.
Will let you know how I go.

Many thanks
Juddee
Living in the land of Oz<br />Berkshire TASKER<br />Cambridgeshire BLANKS HAYDEN, STEWART<br />Durham GRAY LAVERICK UNTHANK<br />Gloustershire ANDREWS WILLINGTON<br />Hertfordshire HALES HAYDEN<br />Lancashire WHITE HARTNET<br />Oxfordshire EATON TASKER<br />Somerset  DAINTY GERRETT MURRAY SLADE<br />Wiltshire BARTLETT GERRETT<br /> Galway HICKEY LEWIS <br />Germany HARTMANN SCHUEMACHER<br />