Author Topic: Looking for William Vinden  (Read 5524 times)

Offline vinden55

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for William Vinden
« on: Monday 17 March 08 12:22 GMT (UK) »
In tracing back the Vinden Family I have gone back to John Hatton Vinden marrying Jane Prior in 1849 in the Parish of Kensington. I have their Wedding certificate which states that they both live in earls court and that John was 28 years old at the time of his marriage and that is father is William.  I have been trying to find the origin of the name Hatton which was handed down through to the family as far as my grandfather, James Johnson Hatton Vinden.  I am assuming that it is the maiden name of a wife and thought that it might have been williams wife but cannot find it nor can I find John Hatton Vindens birth as that certificate would give his mothers maiden name, I guess he would have been born about 1821??

Any help here would be very much appreciated.

Vinden55

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've updated my profile ......
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for William Vinden
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 March 08 12:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi V - just to point out that pre-1837 (start of Civil Regn) you wont get a Certificate - John's birth / baptism will be in a Parish register - somewhere  ::)

btw, what was his and his fathers occupation declared to be on the 1849 Marriage Cert ?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline vinden55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 17 March 08 21:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi thanks for quick reply anf info.  John Hatton Vindens occupation was plasterer and his father William was a brickmaker.

Thanks for your hel.

Vinden55

Offline vinden55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 17 March 08 21:57 GMT (UK) »
I have just had a closer look at the wedding certificate of John & Jane Vinden.   Maybe, just maybe an error has been made.  On their Wedding certificate he is just John Vinden but on the birth certificate of his son John, who is named John Hatton Vinden the fathers name there has been recorded as John Hatton also which might have been an error so maybe I will take a look at Jane Priors family and see if I can find a Hatton there???

Can anyone else see something that I cannot see?????

Any help would be appreciated.

Vinden55

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 18 March 08 09:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi - I see that John Jnr was registered in Lambeth in the June Q of 1851, so I suspect he missed the 1851 census - do you have the birth address as registered on the Cert ?

There are a family of Vindens on the 1841 census in Lambeth - but the John, altho the right age is a clerk (and is still such in 1851) and Dad isnt William  :(

Offline vinden55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 18 March 08 12:06 GMT (UK) »
John was born just after the 1851 census.  the address given on his birth certificate is 31 Berkeley Street Lambeth but the entry on the census shows the house as being occupied by John Cooper, aged 29 a plasterer and his wife Jane 28, born Fulham, daughter Jane aged 1.  this all fits if they were Vindens  Also  I have a death notice from newspaper for Jane Vinden, she was burnt to death at  105 Tyers St. Lambeth but could not find them on the 1881 census but guess who lived there John & Jane Cooper, right ages also burnt in the accident was Jane the daughter Now married (Mrs. Short)  ???????

Have I confused you?

Vinden55

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 18 March 08 14:35 GMT (UK) »
seen worse   :D  but you've done well to descramble that lot !

have you tried Cooper for 1841 too ?

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 18 March 08 14:38 GMT (UK) »
OK, so John was born in Shepperton ..... and 'James'  ((  :P  )) in Fulham .... might help focus in a bit ....

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 18 March 08 15:08 GMT (UK) »
There is a family of Vindens in Shepperton - 1841. An assumed widowed 50 year old Maria and 2 sons George and Henry a bit younger than John.

HO107/718/11; Shepperton; District: 6; Folio: 26; Page: 20

Sadly, Shepperton hasnt been captured by the Mormons in the IGI, and the family doesnt figure in nearby Sunbury ...