Author Topic: Looking for William Vinden  (Read 5526 times)

Offline vinden55

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for William Vinden
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 19 March 08 10:47 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much Trish.  Yes I have been in touch with Alan McGowan before, a couple of years ago and gave him all the info I had on our side.  He is very informative.  Which Vindens were you researching??

Vinden55

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 19 March 08 11:08 GMT (UK) »
I was looking at the Reading Vindens - are they any part of your family? The name doesn't seem very common

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline vinden55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 19 March 08 21:26 GMT (UK) »
I have a favour to ask Newsfter, 

Ok on 1881 census we have John and Jane Cooper living at 66 Tyers Street Lambeth also living at that address are her daughter Janes family the Shorts, Jane, Henry, Henry John, Joseph and Julia.  Now at Jane Cooper (Vindens) death 7 years later this whole family are living in 105 Tyers Street.  I know that is not unusual to move about but could you please have a look at the 1881 census and see who is living in 105 Tyers Street at that time.

I am curious.  You know I have a photo of my great grandfather John Hatton taken at school in dover and your search have proved that the family were all living in the Dover area 1861 although the date on the photo is 1850 out but maybe it is a photo of his father instead.  I will have to think about that some more.  You have been most helpful and it is very much appreciated.

Vinden55

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 20 March 08 00:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Vinden55

Thanks for the pm - I should have found the Winery last year - unimpressed with myself! - meanwhile, I checked 1881 at Familysearch and ancestry and I cannot find a number past 94 Tyers St
perhaps Newf will do better

Trish

Offline vinden55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 20 March 08 02:48 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that Trish.  The Winery is beautiful.  Since I was there they have accommodation too, I think.  They are on the net and you can order.  For the last couple of years I have been buying a mixed dozen at christmas, they are good wines but I gave it a miss this year.  It's a bit of fun having the Vinden label on the table at christmas.

I met Guy Vinden when I was at the winery and he gave me details of his father, grandfather etc.  he is a nice man, very approachable.

Thanks Trish,

Susan

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've updated my profile ......
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 20 March 08 08:49 GMT (UK) »
Tyers Street is split over at least 3 ED's in 1881 Lambeth Church Second district !

#105 is in Dist #25, occupied by 2 families in 1881:-

- a widowed Ellen Yorston and grown-up family
- a very young couple John & Amelia James, with infant Andrew

all were born Lambeth.

Have you tracked down the whereabouts of Shepperton PRs yet   :D
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline vinden55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 20 March 08 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Well that is interesting because the Vindens/Coopers had a daughter Helen/Ellen??? born 1854.  Are the children living with this Ellen too old for Helen born 1854?

Jane Cooper/Vinden died in 1886 from burns sustained at her home and the article reads the home of Mr. John Vinden 105 Tyers Street, Lambeth.  I also have a photo of someone my great uncle called Aunt Ellen.  I will try to find a marriage for her.  No I think she married someone called Harry Carter.  I will check.

No I have not put a posting on the Middx board yet re Shepperton Cooper. I think that maybe the real " John Cooper" was born in Shepperton and John Vinden knew that and used the details.  God you don't think he murdered the real John Cooper do you??  no only joking!

Thanks for getting those extra details for me.

Regards,

Vinden55

Many thanks

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 20 March 08 11:55 GMT (UK) »
Tyers Street is split over at least 3 ED's in 1881 Lambeth Church Second district !

#105 is in Dist #25, occupied by 2 families in 1881:-

- a widowed Ellen Yorston and grown-up family
- a very young couple John & Amelia James, with infant Andrew

all were born Lambeth.

Have you tracked down the whereabouts of Shepperton PRs yet   :D

No wonder I couldn't find it - although I couldn't get the number to come up in ancestry - how did you do that Newf? I need some in depth lookup training

Trish

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've updated my profile ......
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 20 March 08 14:23 GMT (UK) »
I looked at the Enumerators pages that describe their 'beat' - started off with the one that we had for the Coopers and worked down and up the Districts looking for references to Tyers Street.

I think you could probably also do it by just typing in Tyers in Ancestries 'address' search box in the 1881 - but no names etc ...
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk