Author Topic: Looking for William Vinden  (Read 5525 times)

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've updated my profile ......
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for William Vinden
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 20 March 08 14:29 GMT (UK) »
Are the children living with this Ellen too old for Helen born 1854?

Yes !

No I have not put a posting on the Middx board yet re Shepperton Cooper. I think that maybe the real " John Cooper" was born in Shepperton and John Vinden knew that and used the details.  God you don't think he murdered the real John Cooper do you??  no only joking!

My thinking is that John Vinden used Cooper as a day-to-day alias, but is prob using his own PoB - no harm in asking for a check of the PRs anyway ....

:)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 20 March 08 14:46 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Vinden55

Welcome to Rootschat!

Slight off the wall way of looking at this - was Cooper the business name? You said the family was in the building business could perhaps one of the Vinden family been in partnership with someone called Cooper and brought him out of the company or were one of the female line named Cooper and she inherited it as an only child

If the company name wasnt changed people may not have realised that the family surname was different

It might be worth checking in trade directories to see how the family was listed

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 20 March 08 15:13 GMT (UK) »
from what I've read so far, the chap was a plasterer when first married, and then an asphalt road labourer.  ... which his 1851/2 son also adopted as a trade.

maiden name known from earliest marriage was Prior .....

If the company name wasnt changed people may not have realised that the family surname was different

census names come from people filling in the enumeration forms ......

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 21 March 08 10:12 GMT (UK) »
So Vinden55, you have started a new thread with the same objective as this one, but not x-referenced to this one, so a lot of effort has been duplicated.

The result is pretty much what you got here in this thread ... ie, inspect the Shepperton Registers.

:-X :(

See  --  http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,293684.msg1763171.html#msg1763171

Offline vinden55

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 21 March 08 10:56 GMT (UK) »
Oh Sorry,

My inexperience with the computer and this website. I will cancel both threads.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your research.

Vinden55

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 21 March 08 11:00 GMT (UK) »
no need to cancel anything - but just run with 1 thread to avoid people duplicating information.

:)