Author Topic: TREASE/TRAIES continued...  (Read 98876 times)

Offline gardenerbob

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: TREASE/TRAIES continued...
« Reply #396 on: Friday 19 April 13 23:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Roger,

I have her as the daughter of Thomas and Avice - see attached link : -

http://www.trease.org.uk/trr/trr17r_mp.htm#20t_aw

Hope this helps,

Bob

Offline Roger Dodge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: Saturday 20 April 13 21:55 BST (UK) »
 :D
Thanks, that's excellent.

If you are interested I have the story of her descendants, including one who has Treais as a middle name (since obviously her descendants have her husbands name).

Roger

Offline samtraies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: Saturday 20 April 13 23:20 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone,

I just discovered Henry Traies (b 1820) census for 1891 - maybe you folks found this one anyway, but its listed under Traves.

Cheerio
Sam
Traies (Devon, England), Dimmock (Hertfordshire, England), McGahan (Armagh, Ireland and Tuakau, New Zealand), Fagan (Westmeath, Ireland, and New Zealand), Franklin (Bedfordshire, England, and New Zealand), Brunskill (Auckland, New Zealand), Edlin (New Zealand)

Offline gardenerbob

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: Monday 22 April 13 09:10 BST (UK) »
Dear Roger,

Apologies for delay in responding. Yes, thanks for your offer. I'd be really interested to have more information on this family. If there are any parts you are happy for me to put on the website I would be happy to do that.

Regards,

Bob

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: Monday 27 May 13 15:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Bernice,

Nice to hear from you again. That is the first bigamy I've been able to log on the website. Amazes me that he thought he could get away with it. Good to know that research is still turning up information.

I have done nothing further on Traies research for over a year but just over a week ago Sam contacted me with another piece to clip into the Traies jigsaw puzzle. She has found what appears to be the burial of James's wife Ann nee Sutton : -

burial 06Jan1830 St George, Hanover Square. Ann TRAYES of St. Marylebone. age 39 (FindMyPast image)

I will update the Traies section of the website with these two pieces of information shortly. I am still busy on the website. I have started adding data on all Trease/Trayes/Traies/Treays and other spelling variants by location. I have made a start with Cornwall with a parish index but it is a long and somewhat tedious job.

Bob

Hi all

Haven't been on here for ages, busy with my diploma in Genealogy. 

Anyway thanks for Ann's death, one more to add to the tree and one less to worry about!

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: Monday 27 May 13 15:39 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone,

I just discovered Henry Traies (b 1820) census for 1891 - maybe you folks found this one anyway, but its listed under Traves.

Cheerio
Sam

Thanks Sam

got it!

Kerry

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline gardenerbob

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: Thursday 03 October 13 16:41 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Can anyone help on this American Civil War query?

I've found references to Daniel TREASE in Delafield, Wisconsin. In the 1860 census he appears as Daniel TRIES, age 40, farmhand, unmarried, b. England at Ann GRAHAM's farm. On a June 1863 list of those eligible for military duty he appears at Delafield, Waukesha, WIS as Daniel TREASE, age 40 unmarried labourer, b. England. On a list of Wisconsin Civil War soldiers Daniel Trease is shown as enlisted in the 4th Light Artillery Battery on 09Dec1863 and mustered out at Richmond VA on 03Jul1865. On an 1867 list of deserters he appears under the category of those who were drafted but failed to report  as Daniel TREASE Delafield Nov 12, 1863.

It seems likely that after the June 1863 list he was drafted but as he had failed to report by Nov 12 1863, he was classed a deserter but enlisted 4 weeks later on Dec 9 1863.

Does anyone know if despite the late enlistment, he would still be classed a deserter and what penalty he would suffer if the authorities found him?

Bob 

Offline xav-sega

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: Thursday 10 October 13 18:17 BST (UK) »
Greetings All from Victoria Australia

I'm only new here [2nd post] so I cant IM anyone yet, but I came across an old lookup request dating back to 2006 from KerryB concerning Elizabeth Michel and Samuel Travies. It also mentioned Henry Michel and a daughter Emma, and all this fits into my family tree dates, places and all, so I think there must be a link.

The only thing that is a little off is that Samuel Traies in the details I have is S. Travis, but its an understandable difference, perhaps down to transcription somewhere along the way.

Well to get to the detail, Elizabeth Michel and Henry Michel are siblings to my 4xGGrandfather.

Either that or someone years ago got the wrong Elizabeth and put her into our family. but as we have some transcripts of letters from her, to her brother I think it is correct.

Was Samuel Traies a tinplate and brazier by any chance? If so then we are on the money for sure.

I have information about Elizabeth's siblings, her parents and her grand parents. [paternal only].

I also have a great deal of information about the decendants of most of her siblings but cetainly at least four of the sibling decendant lines [of 9 that I know of inc Elizabeth] have active decendant lines going.

It would be great to find that your Elizabeth and mine is one and the same.

regards Xavier.

as I am only a 2 post screamer!, I have one to go.

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: Thursday 17 October 13 18:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Xavier and welcome to Rootschat.  I don't get on here very much these days so haven't seen you message until now.

Yes Samuel Traies was a Tin plate worker and a Gas meter worker and Brazier and lived in Islington.  I never really found very much for Elizabeth or Henry Michel.  I see you have seen my thread looking for Elizabeth's birth.  It appears her parents were Louis and Elizabeth.  I found a marriage for her to a John Roberts in 1822 and he must have died before she married Samuel Traies in 1830 but as yet I haven't managed to confirm John roberts death.

I have 4 children for Samuel and Elizabeth:
Charles
Emma
Jane
Hannah.

I found at least one child for Elizabeth and John, a Caroline Roberts born 1823. 

It was suggested to me sometime ago that Louis was French but I've not found any records for him so can't prove that either way. 

Let me know if any of this rings bells.

Kerry