Author Topic: TREASE/TRAIES continued...  (Read 98053 times)

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: TREASE/TRAIES continued...
« Reply #450 on: Wednesday 19 April 23 08:53 BST (UK) »
AWilton, glad it was found helpful!

Gardener Bob if you are still around, you might be interested to know I had a curious thing happen a while ago.  I had friends who moved from Surrey to Cornwall a couple of years ago.  We are going to visit them sometime soon.  Got my Traies research out back in the winter taking my tree back with the help of your website and I got tentatively back to Michael Trease and Tamsin Netherton and was reading your information about his property and I read Pattacott Farm and stopped.  'Well that sounds familiar!'  I said.  Got the map out and fell off my chair!  Our friends have moved to a property on Pattacott Farm!  I messaged my friend and she was as shocked as I was.  She's going to dig out the deeds and whatever else they have when we go.  I don't believe the farmhouse is the same building Michael lived in but even so.

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline AWilton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: TREASE/TRAIES continued...
« Reply #451 on: Thursday 27 April 23 17:52 BST (UK) »
Doing some exploring I believe I have found the burial sites for two of the daughters of Joseph Treys and Elizabeth Brown.  Elizabeth Trayes and her husband William Davey and Mary Trayes and her husband Philip May are both listed on the tree as having immigrated to Canada but location and years of death are not included. Going through the Centreton Cemetery in Centreton, Ontario, Canada have found tombstones where the names and birth years match.  Any records for that time would show location as Haldimand, Northumberland, Ontario, Canada as the general area.

To help confirm Mary Trayes and John Runnalls their aunt and uncle are buried in Grafton, Ontario which is about 10 minutes away.  John Runnalls sister Philipa Runnalls Wilton is also buried in Centreton.  I suspect that William Davey is related to the numerous Davey's in the area just haven't confirmed how.